December 2012 Moms
Options

Crazy weight gain

With DS I gained a lot of weight. But, it happened all at the end and was very obvious. My stomach was HUGE (people kept asking me if I was having twins), my face was VERY round, and I had significant weight gain in my arms and legs. I was big all over and just looked awful.

Well, this time I have gained a lot of weight again (40 lbs), but you really can't tell. I'm 5'1" and started out fairly average - thin but not skinny, I was healthy. Well, my legs and arms still look the same size, and my face is maybe a tad bit rounder, but not noticeably unless you compare a picture from the beginning to now and you'll think "Well, I guess your face is a LITTLE bit rounder..." My belly doesn't look huge either. I was talking to my doctor today, and he was like "You've gained 40 lbs? Really?"

I have a week left, and I'm wondering if my LO is going to weigh a lot? This sounds really silly and ridiculous, I know.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced something similar?  

Re: Crazy weight gain

• Options
    I've gained 40 lbs. Too. And I'm about the same height. I'm not sure what your question is though...is the baby going to be big? Not 40lbs!!! Amniotic fluid, placenta, baby and a bit of general weight gain make up that 40. So if your ob isn't concerned then I guess you shouldn't be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How much weight you gain has no effect on the weight of your baby.  My mother is small and petite and gained 80 lbs with me and I was 5lbs.  She did the same with my sister and my sister was 7 lbs.  I'm short and petite also (5'1) and with all three pregnancies I've gained 25 lbs- my first 2 babies were just over 5lbs and this one is looking to be the same size as well.  All my babies are healthy, its just that I grow "smaller" babies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gained a lot with my first (about 45 lbs.) and baby was 7 lbs 6 oz. I attributed most of my weight gain last time to swelling from summer heat (August baby), but I am following the same trend with this pregnancy. Embarrassed Luckily, my doc isn't concerned and I started this pregnancy 10 lbs down from my last pre-pregnancy weight (both within normal for my height), but it is still a bummer to me. I guess this is just the way my body does pregnancy, as I've eaten pretty well, aside from the few cravings I've given into...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been extremely lucky so far.  With my first, I gained 9 pounds and he weighed 7lbs 4oz... and with this pregnancy, I've only gained 5 pounds so far but the doctor estimates that she weighs about 5 - 5.5 lbs so far and I have 3 weeks to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 309743_818072865207_1670401803_n_zps166de68c.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo f6e78c88-fe80-4f45-8f2e-fdb2836fbd49_zpsf4001aa0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"