Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Separation anxiety

Here from the 6-9 board...when does this end or get better? She will only go to me or DH.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Separation anxiety

• My son had terrible separation anxiety.  He only wanted me since he was a months old...he hated everyone including my husband... It was very hard on all of us.  

He became better at 1 1/2 old.  By 2, he was fine to go to preschool, and it just got better from there.  Now he is 5, and he tells me I don't need to take him to school because he can go by himself...lol!  (Well, I still have to drive him there, so he is stuck with me!) He is so sociable that no one believes me when I tell them how he was when he was little.

Someone told me that separation anxiety is a good sign that you and your baby have strong bond:) 

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girls are 11 months and my one daughter had HORRIBLE seperation anxiety for a couple months but in the past few weeks she has been 10 times better. She wouldn't go to anyone but me.  Now my other daughter has started doing this at 11months...so I guess it's hard to say when it ends...or starts.  My pedi told me it's so common at this age and just to try and have them around other people as much as you can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"