Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Seriously Hylands?!

I just opened our teething tablets (haven't used any in almost a month) to give one to DD and it was filled with mold!!! WTH?!? They weren't in a warm, wet place or anything.. just sitting on my night stand, in our room... the coldest room in the house. I'm so mad right now! Has this happened to anyone else?!
Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Seriously Hylands?!

• Ew- that has never happened and I've been buying them for 3 years (except when they were recalled). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I bet if you call them they'll send you a new bottle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If that happened to me....I wouldn't accept a free replacement bottle!

Hylands Teething Tablets are not regulated by the FDA, and I would be wary of using them for that reason (and the fact that they were recalled b/c they poisoned some kids...)

• imagesooner1981:

If that happened to me....I wouldn't accept a free replacement bottle!

Hylands Teething Tablets are not regulated by the FDA, and I would be wary of using them for that reason (and the fact that they were recalled b/c they poisoned some kids...)

They didn't poison kids, some kids had reactions to them--like they do to all other medicines.  Regardless, no herbs / some vitamins are not regulated by the FDA.  Those Expecta DHA capsules that most pregnant women take--not regulated.

• Actually, they did poison kids.  They recalled due to their supposedly "homeopathic" (read: water and inactive ingredients) tablets having about a thousand times too much belladonna in them, causing babies to actually get belladonna poisoning and stop breathing. 

Pretty serious stuff. Definitely not for my kid.  Especially since all the scientific studies that have ever been performed on them say that there is no difference in the effectiveness between Hylands and a placebo sugar pill in reducing teething pain.  But hey, to each her own!

• imageMomtoH:
    Ew- that has never happened and I've been buying them for 3 years (except when they were recalled). 

this.  i would contact them and get them replaced.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband swears by the Hylands colic tablets, and I mentioned them to my ped. He said that it has belladonna in it, but not at any level that would hurt our DDs if we gave them the prescribed amount. Regarding FDA regulation, let's be honest, girls ... The FDA regulations are cold comfort when the FDA has a regulation as to how many parts per million of rodent fecal matter that is allowable in children's cereal. If you look that stuff up, you won't let your kids ingest anything the FDA has stamped ok. Having said that, its true that some oversight is better than none, and so you should be wary of homeopathic products. I doubt that Hylands is any more dangerous because they were recalled than the formula that was recalled some time ago. Most kids don't get sick, and I would call the company and either have my bottle replaced or my money refunded.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Personally I don't use Hylands.  I don't use anything for teeting.. it's just teeting.  a little motrin if needed, something cold and like PP mentioned -- patience.  I don't like taking medicine (even homeopathic) for any and all ailments so i do the same with my children.

With that said.  If I were you and this happened to me I would def. call and have them send me a new bottle. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • but you just said a little motrin...That's medicine.. I use highlands and they are great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's gross....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"