March 2013 Moms
Options

Heartburn!

Please please please tell me something better for heartburn. I've been popping Tums might as well be a tic tac, Pepcid, and sitting up right often. Help!!!
Pregnancy Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: Heartburn!

• Options
    I have it so bad soemtimes! Zantac really helps :
  • Options
    I'm starting Zantac 150 tonight per doctor's approval - my heartburn makes my asthma worse, so its an issue =(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Zantac. And drink a glass of milk for relief.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagedaniliza:
    I have it so bad soemtimes! Zantac really helps :

This.  Make sure you don't take Zantac and Tums within a few hours of each other.  I heard it can make your symptoms worse.  Taking Zantac before meals has helped me out immensely. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    egg nog!
  • Options

When I was pg with my first two, I'd eat a piece or two of plain bread as it "absorbed" some of the acid -- unfortunately, now I can't eat wheat and gluten free bread doesn't work as well as wheat bread does for heartburn.

I also drank some milk as it coats the esophogas somewhat and acts like a barrier to the acid for a short time.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options

I've been having this problem too, but only at night. I can't tell you how many times I've woken up in the middle of the night feeling terrible. Side sleeping seems to make it ten times worse, so I'm not a happy camper. I've tried milk before bed, and that doesn't really help. I also tried not eating anything for a few hours before bed, but then I woke up staaarrrving!

It seems like if I prop myself up and put a heating pad on my upper back before bed, I'm less likely to wake up in the middle of the night feeling terrible. I have no idea why, and I kind of feel like it might be just psychosomatic, but whatever, I'll take it!

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"