December 2011 Moms
Options

Toothpaste

Are any of you using toothpaste to brush LOs teeth? I have just been running the toothbrush under water and brushing them but am starting to think I should start using toothpaste.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toothpaste

• Options
    We use the Elmo toothpaste that came with the little finger toothbrush [we use a regular toothbrush though]. I've heard water is just fine though. I'm sure that is what I'll do once he runs out of the toothpaste. I haven't seen it sold with out the finger brush.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dentist told me not to use toothpaste, only water. Something to do with the fluoride getting into their systems.
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No toothpaste here! My tooth development was adversely affected by fluoride (fluorosis) and I am not sure we will ever do fluoride toothpaste- though many kids toothpaste doesn't have it. I just added LO and his 8 teeth to our dental plan for the new year, so we will be going to the pediatric dentist sometime soon. I'll see what he says then!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    Aquafresh Training toothpaste (no fluoride).  I have been using it since DS was 9 months and he had his first dental check up and everything looks good (10 teeth so far).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I originally used the elmo toothpaste too, but the dentist recommended using only water, he said that either is fine, but trying to teach them to spit out toothpaste when they are older is much harder if they learn to swallow it at this age, so the transition is easier if you only use water.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"