April 2013 Moms
Options

Juliet or Katherine (Kate)?

My first favorite name was Katherine (nickname Kate). I thought it was really cute when paired with DS (Ben and Kate). But DH tossed around the name Juliet, and we both really like that, too. We still like the middle name of "Ann" (family name).

Which do you prefer?

Humor me... it's Friday and I'm bored :)

carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
* blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

Re: Juliet or Katherine (Kate)?

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Juliet...very cute and sounds good with Ann!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love, love, love Juliet. If my niece wasn't Julia it would be a top contender for me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechgibeau:
    I don't like Ann with Juliet - it's too hard to annuiciate.  But I like both FN's. Why not use one as a FN & one as MN?

I think Katherine Juliet is pretty. JMO

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oooo.... I actually do like Katherine Juliet! DH wants at least one family name in there, and Ann is like every female's middle name (and one's first name) in both our families (including my own middle name). But I wonder if he'd consider it...

IMG_0578

• Options

I love the name Juliet, but I don't like it with Ann. It doesn't flow.

I agree with a PP Katherine Juliet is pretty 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Both Juliet & Kate are very nice choices, that's a tough one to choose between.  IMO, you can't go wrong with either and they both sound cute with Ben.

Actually, isn't Ben & Kate a new TV show?  I feel like I've heard commercials...so maybe Juliet then?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kate for sure!
  • Options
    KATE!   it was on my short list before we went with Makenzie   but for the record i think both are beautiful.   Kate fits with Ben very well though.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love Katherine (DD's mn). But I also like Juliet a lot. DH's name is Julian so it was on our list for DD. If I had to pick I would go with Katherine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageblueandgray:

Actually, isn't Ben & Kate a new TV show?  I feel like I've heard commercials...so maybe Juliet then?

Gah! I just googled and it's coming out soon, I had no idea. It looks awful, too. Hmmm... something to consider :)

IMG_0578

• Options
    Kate.
  • Options
    I love both names! I'd probably pick Juliet, but Katherine is great, too. Is it just a coincidence that both are Shakespearean heroines?

Ben and Kate is a show, and it's already out here in the States, anyways. It's kinda cute, but gets really low ratings and probably won't be on for very long.
  • Options
    yeah I was going to say I have seen that show already but I do like both of those names!
  • Options
    Kate
    TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Options

My mom is Kathryn Ann. ;) And my dd's middle name is Kate (my mom specifically asked me not to use Kathryn for some silly reason).

I think Juliet Katherine and Katherine Juliet are both pretty!

Like pp said, I think Juliet Ann is a little hard to say.

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Honestly for me it's a coin toss.... BTW both names are going on my possible baby girl name list, if you don't mind.Wink We're still stumped on a name.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

My top girl name was Kate.  However, we're having a boy named Benjamin (Ben)!

• Options
    I think both names are beautiful! 
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagekat45:

My top girl name was Kate.  However, we're having a boy named Benjamin (Ben)!

I love them together :) But I also like "Benjamin and Juliet". The "j's" apparently are a hit with me ;)

IMG_0578

• Options

I agree with the PPs that Juliet Ann doesn't flow as well. And considering your son's name, I think "Ben and Kate" sounds super cute as a sibset without being themey or matchy at all. I wouldn't worry about the tv show association either... it isn't that well known and I really don't think that will be an issue for your kids in school or anything. 

ETA: If you've been in love with the Katherine/Kate idea for a while, I'd be hesitant to change it. Given that you never know if you will get the chance to use it again, would you regret it down the line? Just something else to consider.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like Katherine/Kate
    Pregnancy Ticker image image IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"