Blended Families
Options

hypothyroidism

Well crap. I have it.

I went to the doctor for a check up.  I haven't been able to lose weight, I've had some dull chest pains, and he commented I looked very pale.  So he ran some blood work, and we find everything else is great but that my thyroid is seriously out of whack. Normal levels should be at 4.something. Mine is at 37.something.

Good news: It's easily treated wtih medication and correctable.

Bad news: I will have to take this medication for the rest of my life.

Yay me.

More good news...doctor thinks I should start dropping weight nicely once we get it back on track.

I knew something was up. Now I know what it is and I can fix it.

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: hypothyroidism

• Options

My mom has the opposite of this that she got from being pregnant with me Big Smile and yes she has to take it everyday but it has her body regulated and makes her feel better. Hope you start to level out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just wanted to say I have hypothyroidism as well.  Yes, taking synthroid every day for the rest of my life freaked me out when I first found out, but now it's just part of my day (only annoying thing is you need to take it on an empty stomach, and I eat small meals all day, so its hard for me!).  And as medication goes, it's decently inexpensive.

I have been reading about all you are going through, and I think taking the medication will help in a lot of ways.  Hypothyroidism affects each person differently, but I found I had more energy, lost weight, and could think more clearly when I finally got regulated.  I was also less cold (spent my whole life thinking I was just extremely cold natured) and my hair looked better.  Your thyroid really affects a myriad of systems in your body!

I felt better within 2 weeks, but probably felt the full affects after a few months, good luck, I am happy your doc figured this out! 

If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Make sure you  read a little into it, and that you always take your pills.

The good news is as long as you take your pills you're fine. And you'll drop weight and feel SOOOOO much better once you get on them for a little while.

• Options
    Sorry you have that, but at least it's easily taken care of and you'll be shedding pounds!
  • Options
    This is all good news. I am not showing much symptoms in my opinion, but I am looking forward to feeling and looking better!
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options
    I too am being tested for this issue. My fertility doctor is saying that this could be a reason we aren't getting pregnant and possibly why we lost the baby. I'm hoping the medication helps our issues and yours as well

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I have hypothyroidism as well, but I don't have the weight gain issues. Just a lot of the others. I was just diagnosed this past Feb and I have a horrible time remembering my pills especially on the weekends. I can see a drastic difference when I've taken them regularly, one would think that would be enough to remind me but since I have the brain fog that goes with it, I really need to set an alarm. Hopefully, you will be better at remembering them than me!
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    I have it right now and we are waiting to see if my levels regulate themselves.  My Endocrinologist believes that I had viral thyroiditis and that is what has caused this and hopefully it's just a temporary condition for me

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"