3rd Trimester

Small for Gestational Age?

The last several ultrasounds, the sonographer has pointed this out to me, but didn't sound worried. However, my OB is asking me to make an appointment for next week to discuss. I wasn't concerned until she asked me to go in. Has anyone gotten this as a result of their scan? 

Re: Small for Gestational Age?

• DD#1 measured small but it was b/c of placenta/low fluid issues. We ended up having to induce at 37 weeks b/c DD wasn't growing.

DS is currently measuring small, but DH and I are also pretty small people, so the dr isn't concerned this time around b/c my fluid looks good. Try not to worry and stay away from Google!!

imageimage
  • How far along are you? For the past 2 weeks I've not changed much but my OB said this is normal as the baby's head drops into your pelvic bone and it get's more difficult to get an accurate measurement. I've been gaining weight at each appt.
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, my DD always measured small but not small enough for them to take action- at one point my fluid was low but went back up, and another point her body was measuring behind her head but then it balanced out. She was small at birth but was also early. She is STILL small with a big head (3% weight, 60% for head) at almost 2 years but perfectly healthy, so I guess that's just the way she's built!

My current LO appears to be small, too, as my fundal height is 4 weeks behind so I am scheduled for a growth U/S next week. Depending on how growth changes/slows, many doctors will opt to induce early if they think LO is not getting enough nutrition in the womb. 

• Are you or your DH smaller? I had a friend who was 4'9" and her husband was 5'2" so their baby measured nearly 4 full weeks behind gestational age!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. Neither of us are small. I'm around 5' 4" and DH is around 5' 11" and we're pretty average in weight. I am carrying a bit low, and I did have low fluid issues, though the fluid issue straightened itself out now that I'm constantly downing liquids. The last scan said that she's measuring about two weeks behind.

I guess I'll see what the deal is when I get to the appointment tomorrow. Just not a fan of when doctors make everything sound so ominous! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"