Attachment Parenting

Ergo or Boba

I've been doing a lot of research on the two carriers. The Ergo appears to be the preferred carrier for people graduating from classic crotch carriers (which I don?t classify as a carrier) and Boba appears to be perferred by baby wearing people. What?s your opinions/thoughts/suggestions or other perfered carrier?

I found a web site where I can rent the two carriers to compare for $8 two week rental. I?ve also seen a few for sale on Spots Corner even though it?s tempting to buy one I?ll wait. The big selling point on the Boba is the foot rests and a girlfriend who?s the same body frame and weight as me enjoyed the Boba more.

The carriers I currently have include: Lucky-baby sling (my favorite quick use carrier but can?t wear it for long time periods), Ellaroo Mie Hip, generic old metal framed backpack and a Moby that we?ve both sorta outgrown. Thanks!

Re: Ergo or Boba

• I have not tried the Ergo but I went with the Boba. I love it! I think it has a wider "seat" for baby, which I thought would be the most comfortable. Padding wise, the Boba is so comfy and I like that the main buckle is centered on your back/belly, whereas the Ergo's buckle is off to the side. Again, I haven't tried the Ergo in person. I'm pleased with the Boba and I love the print- I got it in Tweet. The pockets are just big enough for a slimmer phone and keys.
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How old/big is your baby?  I actually don't care for either (in large part because you can't cross the straps behind you in a front carry) but they are both good carriers.  The boba is taller making it better for older/taller babies.  I think the best bet is to try both on and see which you find most comfortable.  I have other brands listed in my siggy if you are interested in others.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagencbelle:
    How old/big is your baby?  I actually don't care for either (in large part because you can't cross the straps behind you in a front carry) but they are both good carriers.  The boba is taller making it better for older/taller babies.  I think the best bet is to try both on and see which you find most comfortable.  I have other brands listed in my siggy if you are interested in others.

LO is 11 months and weighs 25 pounds.  He will be only be on my back b/c I do to much farm work and coaching for him to be on my front. (I've coached several U6 and U8 soccer games with him in the hiking backpack.  I think he likes being part of the action as much as he likes being with me.)  The selling point of the Boba is the leg rests. 

Thanks! 

• For the age the Ergo probably won't fit for too long, DD outgrew ours at around 14 months. The Boba will last a bit longer through because of the size and the foot straps.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"