Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Mommas with boys

DS just turned 6 months last week and my DH and i noticed he started grabbing down there.... like alot when his diaper is off.... any one notice that with their sons? My guess is it makes him feel good but im just worried.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mommas with boys

• yes he does this all the time.  It is like he is just checking to make sure it is still there. My husband was so excited when he did it for him the first time. I said, "well he is a boy afterall. and it will be your job to teach him how to do it modestly!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • same here he just started this a couple weeks ago. And they never stop do they.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Phew... good to know. I feel bad bc my husband thinks it's funny but cute and im so annoyed that he laughs about it.
  • I don't make a big deal about it because then my husband would think it was even cuter and would encourage it just to mess with me.
  • Glad to know mine isn't the only one. He just started this week (he's almost 6 months) and I thought to myself ...ALREADY?! I agree with PP, husbands job to teach him to do it modestly.
    married my best friend August 6, 2010
  • DS started this at eight weeks and hasn't stopped since. Sometimes he pinches himself too poor guy. I just ignore it. When he gets old enough we will have a conversation about what's ok to do in front of people and what's not. It's my understanding that they never stop touching it lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL why would you be worried?  It's totally normal.  You don't worry when he plays with his fingers or feet, right?
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    LOL why would you be worried?  It's totally normal.  You don't worry when he plays with his fingers or feet, right?

this... he is just exploring his body (just like his hands and feet) and seeing what is where... I wouldn't worry about it until he gets older and then you and H just need to teach him that its not appropriate it certain times and places... 

• All the time! Started around 4.5 months.  The only thing I worry about is that sometimes he tugs so hard it looks like it hurts to me.

I give him a toy during diaper changes to keep his hands busy and wash his hand off after if he does so he doesn't put it right in his mouth after. 

• Totally normal.  I have a nephew, and my sister always said "just wait until he starts grabbing himself".  DS is 8 months old and aside from an occasional grab, he doesn't.  I wonder if it's normal for him to be not as interested by now!  I do always give him something to play with while on the changing table, otherwise he's rolling around & being impossible, so I wonder if that occupies his hands.
  • Mine does it with every change unless I give him a toy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • My son has been doing this since at least 4 months. I think he is just curious as to what that is and he just grabs it. I try giving him a toy to play with while I am changing him and it seems to work.
  • LOL, I don't like it either, but DD did the same thing at this age. It's just a new discovery. Soon he will be playing with his ear holes and then his nose holes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
  • wow my ds has been doing that since like 2 months or earlier.....uh oh
  • My son just found his last week and he gave me this confused 'Momma what is this?' look. I wish I had a picture of his face.
  • Yep, mine discovered his recently too... then again he's also recently discovered he can put his toes in his mouth! 'tis the age of discovery, apparently!
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"