Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: Surreal TTC moments

Ever have a TTC moment that just makes you shake your head, roll your eyes, or laugh at yourself? 

Mine today was going into the health food store and the cashier was a girl who's the daughter of a woman I graduated high school with and who I taught when she was in Grade 3. She got married this summer, as did I, only she's 20 years old to my 39. So not only were we swapping "how's married life treating you" stories, weird to start with, but when I asked her about red raspberry leaf tea and out of her mouth came the words "Ah yes, this helps to soften the cervix", I just about died trying to hold back the laughter. Ah, the joys of being an 'older' woman TTC in a very small town! 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

Re: GTKY: Surreal TTC moments

• Eating pineapple core felt funny to me. I was sitting there thinking "uhg, who does this to themselves?", oh thats right, women trying to make babies! Its also a little surreal when I find myself excited to POAS. I can remember being in high school, praying I wouldnt have to go buy a dreadful hpt! Oh how the tables have turned...
    TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • I remember when I ordered my first wondfos off of amazon and for good measure I ordered a 2 pack of FRER so I could confirm the BFP I was so sure I was going to get. The box of FRER is just sitting there under my sink waiting patiently for me. I saw it yesterday and had one of those moments. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My first child was unplanned, so the fact that we didn't get pregnant the first cycle trying for 2, I was floored. I am humbled.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • It was my first time meeting with my RE....my husband and I had to drop off his SA "sample" for analysis and the receptionist who took it looked vaguely familiar...looking at her name tag I realized she was my former boss about ten years ago...awkward and surreal lol
    Me: 28 Husband:: 29
    TTC  since April, 2012; Diagnosed with Hashimotos, Annovulatory.
    October, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui - BFN
    November, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui + Prometrium 2x a day- Chemical Pregnancy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I posted this on BOTB when I was trying for my first - when I went to the health food store for whatever it was, tea or something, the clerk asked me what I needed it for, he could help me find good supplements. When I told him 'fertility', he proceeded to demonstrate for me the optimum sexual positions for achieving pregnancy. He looked like he was playing Twister with himself and I was laughing so hard I cried. He was totally serious. He had weird names for them. It was the most bizarre TTC experience of my life and pretty far up there in overall weird life experiences.

Also, when my husband had to produce his first semen sample, he forgot to take the sample cup so he tried to find something else to put it in. He ended up dumping out my plastic jar of chicken bullion cubes and using that. It REEKED like chicken. I can't imagine the lab's reaction when they opened it. I guess that's not really surreal but I just thought of it and it made me laugh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageracheldcarrell:
    Eating pineapple core felt funny to me. I was sitting there thinking "uhg, who does this to themselves?", oh thats right, women trying to make babies! ...

I felt totally ridiculous doing this this month. I agree.

You guys have some good stories! 

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• imageracheldcarrell:
    Eating pineapple core felt funny to me. I was sitting there thinking "uhg, who does this to themselves?", oh thats right, women trying to make babies! Its also a little surreal when I find myself excited to POAS. I can remember being in high school, praying I wouldnt have to go buy a dreadful hpt! Oh how the tables have turned...

This you spend high school/college years trying to NOT get pregnant and hoping you never have to POAS and now all I want to me is pregnant and I love POAS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • imagecomeongetdown:
    The first time I bought a FRER at Walgreens when we first started trying, I'm 28 and married, but I felt like a dirty little teenager hahaha

This with Pre-seed and H was with me.

• imageSaltina11:
    My first child was unplanned, so the fact that we didn't get pregnant the first cycle trying for 2, I was floored. I am humbled.

Totally this!!  :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• imagecomeongetdown:
    The first time I bought a FRER at Walgreens when we first started trying, I'm 28 and married, but I felt like a dirty little teenager hahaha

this!  

TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • imagezoieglow:

I posted this on BOTB when I was trying for my first - when I went to the health food store for whatever it was, tea or something, the clerk asked me what I needed it for, he could help me find good supplements. When I told him 'fertility', he proceeded to demonstrate for me the optimum sexual positions for achieving pregnancy. He looked like he was playing Twister with himself and I was laughing so hard I cried. He was totally serious. He had weird names for them. It was the most bizarre TTC experience of my life and pretty far up there in overall weird life experiences.

I love the totally random store dude trying to show you how to get pregnant.  That is priceless.  Next time, you must video it and youtube it!  hahahaha!

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3

• imagecomeongetdown:

YES! I've been married a few years, shacking up for almost 6.. and I STILL can't buy a HPT without feeling awkward and nervous. Hiding it under other things in the basket like I did with tampons when I was 15, and looking for the older female cashier. Haha

The surreal moment for me was when I went to my midwife for my annual about 6mos before we wanted to start trying. Just saying "we're going to start trying to get pregnant soon" made me all kinds of nervous/excited.

• The only person who knows I'm TTC besides DH is my best friend. Last month during the 2WW she kept asking me when I was going to test. Finally she says to me "Oh my GOD, the anticipation is killing me!"
    Umm killing YOU!
    Her response was "You have been waiting less than 2 weeks and I have been waiting for you to get knocked up since I had my first kid, 5 YEARS AGO!"
    Touche.

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • imagezoieglow:
    I posted this on BOTB when I was trying for my first when I went to the health food store for whatever it was, tea or something, the clerk asked me what I needed it for, he could help me find good supplements. When I told him 'fertility', he proceeded to demonstrate for me the optimum sexual positions for achieving pregnancy. He looked like he was playing Twister with himself and I was laughing so hard I cried. He was totally serious. He had weird names for them. It was the most bizarre TTC experience of my life and pretty far up there in overall weird life experiences. Also, when my husband had to produce his first semen sample, he forgot to take the sample cup so he tried to find something else to put it in. He ended up dumping out my plastic jar of chicken bullion cubes and using that. It REEKED like chicken. I can't imagine the lab's reaction when they opened it. I guess that's not really surreal but I just thought of it and it made me laugh.

oh my god the thought of the people in the lab's reactions has me laughing so hard! that is too funny!

ETA: just shared this with DH and we are both cracking up. that whole giving the sample thing was an adventure for my very shy hubby! thank you for sharing that. we needed that laugh tonight!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • imagezoieglow:

I posted this on BOTB when I was trying for my first - when I went to the health food store for whatever it was, tea or something, the clerk asked me what I needed it for, he could help me find good supplements. When I told him 'fertility', he proceeded to demonstrate for me the optimum sexual positions for achieving pregnancy. He looked like he was playing Twister with himself and I was laughing so hard I cried. He was totally serious. He had weird names for them. It was the most bizarre TTC experience of my life and pretty far up there in overall weird life experiences.

Also, when my husband had to produce his first semen sample, he forgot to take the sample cup so he tried to find something else to put it in. He ended up dumping out my plastic jar of chicken bullion cubes and using that. It REEKED like chicken. I can't imagine the lab's reaction when they opened it. I guess that's not really surreal but I just thought of it and it made me laugh.

Hilarious and awkward at the same time to the first and seriously just funny to the second.  I could see my husband doing something like that.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• imagecomeongetdown:

I still feel this way. And it's worse when DD, who is oh so very 3, is with me and being a hell cat. I'm sure people are looking at me like, "And that lady thinks she needs another kid," A couple months ago I was stocking up at Dollar Tree, DD was attacking the nearby Halloween decorations and the cashier said, "Good luck, whatever way you are hoping this goes." I'm sure she had good intentions, but I'd prefer my pee sticks without social commentary.  

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Oh, and this is random because I wasn't TTC with DD, but it's still a good surreal story. AF was late, so I ran to CVS to get a test and while I was checking out, Paul Anka's "Having My Baby." was playing in the store. The test was positive so off I run to CVS to buy a second test. As I was checking out, "Going to the Chapel of Love" was playing. We did move up our wedding and got married while I was pregnant. Muzak is better then a magic 8 ball. 
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • imagecharlydoom:

The only person who knows I'm TTC besides DH is my best friend. Last month during the 2WW she kept asking me when I was going to test. Finally she says to me "Oh my GOD, the anticipation is killing me!"
    Umm killing YOU!
    Her response was "You have been waiting less than 2 weeks and I have been waiting for you to get knocked up since I had my first kid, 5 YEARS AGO!"
    Touche.

Hahahaha this is word for word the same for me!

I agree with everyone else about feeling dirty buying preg tests too lol! 

TTC #1 since 10/14/12 // 1/2013: 7DPO blood work revealed low progesterone/luteal phase defect // 2/2013: DH's SA - Normal // BFP 2/25/13 - EDD 10/30/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimageMy blog!
  • the whole experience has been surreal to me. sometimes I can't believe we have been having sex without protection for 8 months. I am so involved in the trying I find it surreal that I will one day (hopefully) see an actual positive test! 
    TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecomeongetdown:

This is me when I went to buy my BBT. I was hoping it would be with the regular thermometers. Nope right there between the Monistat and the Durex vibrating rings. Also right next to the two teenage boys who were picking up a prescription. I did my best to remain dignified but not gonna lie, I was banging my head against a wall on the inside.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"