March 2013 Moms

Tell me about swaddlers

I'm a FTM and I see all these different brands of "swaddlers"... Are they worth it and if so what's the best one?
Pregnancy Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: Tell me about swaddlers

• I liked this one the best:

https://www.diapers.com/p/summer-infant-kiddopotomus-swaddle-me-cotton-knit-21429?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=PJ-078&utm_campaign=Google&CAWELAID=1338714279&utm_content=pla&cagpspn=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

I had one cotton one and two fleece ones.  I would only have my DD in a onesie and diaper, or just a diaper and this swaddle me when she slept because she always got hot at night (and she still does).  It was really easy to velco and would stay nice and tight.  Sometimes she would get her arm(s) out, but she could have probably gotten out of anything.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAbeja1226:
    I liked this one the best:
    https://www.diapers.com/p/summerinfantkiddopotomusswaddlemecottonknit21429?site=CAamp;utm_source=cseamp;utm_medium=cpc_Damp;utm_term=PJ078amp;utm_campaign=Googleamp;CAWELAID=1338714279amp;utm_content=plaamp;cagpspn=plaamp;ci_kw=keyword
    I had one cotton one and two fleece ones.nbsp; I would only have my DD in a onesie and diaper, or justnbsp;a diaper and this swaddle me when she slept because she always got hot at night and she still does.nbsp; It was really easy to velco and would stay nice and tight.nbsp; Sometimes she would get her arms out, but she could have probably gotten out of anything.

We use these too. They are quite big on a newborn, though.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • We used the Halo Sleepsack Swaddle for DD. They are a little pricier but worked better for us. She would break out of the ones previously mentioned all the time.

Plus, they come in multiple sizes, fabrics, and you can take the Swaddle off if your LO doesn't like to be swaddled and just use it as a Sleepsack.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS hated the swaddleMe because he wanted his legs wrapped up really, really tight.  He didn't like sleep sacks either (although not a swaddle) because of this. 

Also, a lot of the swaddle blankets are on the small side.  We got a bunch from target that were only good for a short time.  As were the knit swaddle blankets bc they have 'give' to them and when DS got stronger, he was able to break out of them fairly easily.

Aden and anais swaddle blankets are supposed to be amazing--that's what Ill get this time.

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for all the feedback! I'll take it all into consideration.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • We used the ones that Abeja posted and liked them.  At first we just swaddled her in a receiving blanket and then moved into the swaddles once she got bigger.  I also bought some aden + anais blankets for this time around.

Also, do some reading about swaddling.  There are some concerns with hip problems from swaddling around there, so you might take that into consideration when deciding what you want. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We had a number of different things--we had some aden and anais swaddle blankets and a couple miracle blankets that worked well. We were also given a couple large flannel swaddle blankets that someone made which were great.  I did have a DD that wasn't a fan of being swaddled and we used the Halo Swaddle sleepsacks for her. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• As a FTM, I can say that I put a few different items on our registry to try out for swaddling.  I want to try both swaddle blankets and some of the sleep sacks which include swaddlers.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have 3 aden and anais bamboo swaddlers! LOVE them and a miracle blanket-I've heard great things about that one
    BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"