November 2011 Moms
Options

Well this just sucks!

We've been a hot mess at my house between my DS and myself getting sick. DS is prone to ear infections, and just got over his 6th or 7th one in a year. So he's being monitored by the ENT for possible tubes. On my end, I've got a stomach ulcer and it most certainly hurts.

With the last treatment for DS's ear infection, we found out that he's allergic to Amoxicillin. Well, guess what? I was also on Amoxicillin, but since I'm still trying to wean DS off of breastfeeding, I can't take it either. Oh wait, it gets better! The other antibiotic typically used to treat ulcers is not safe for breastfeeding. So my doctor said that I had to hold off on treating my ulcer until I weaned DS completely. Did I mention that stomach ulcers are painful?

Oh woe is me today!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well this just sucks!

• Options
    I can only imagine...hope you feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Omg...I apologize.  I have no words.  That just. plain. sucks.  So. SO. Sorry.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ouch! That is awful, is there anything at all that you can do?
  • Options
    That really stinks.  I hope you are feeling better soon.  Hopefully your DS will wean fully soon so you can get better and not be in any more pain.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options

imageKaeldrasmommy:
    Ouch! That is awful, is there anything at all that you can do?

The only thing I can take is Prevacid twice a day. I think I'm just going to drink Slim-Fast shakes until I can take the treatment. It's the only thing that agrees with me. And feeling hungry makes it worse! Indifferent

• Options
    Thanks for well wishes! I really hope DS weans soon too. I will miss knowing that I could always comfort him in that way no matter how bad he was feeling. He is my last so this makes it harder to let go.
  • Options
    Wanted to chime in with a late "I'm sorry!!" and I hope you and your DS are feeling better today, momma. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"