High-Risk Pregnancy

Question about IUGR in a second pregnancy

SO DD was  asymmetrical IUGR and we found out at about 34-35 weeks with her. 

This time around I have been  getting growth u/s  and everything has been going pretty well. I had one yesterday and while DS is still with in range (his head measure about a week ahead) his abdomen was on the "slender" side of that range measuring at about 29w6d. I am just concern that this is the start of IUGR again. I didn't see my dr yesterday so I am assuming she will call me if things look off but I just thought I would ask on here if anyone dealt with IUGR in 2 pregnancies. Thanks ladies :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

Re: Question about IUGR in a second pregnancy

• I'm no help but I'm curious as well - my DD was diagnosed with asymmetrical IUGR at 38 weeks, and was born at 38 weeks 4 days after an emergency induction after decels during our NST. The placenta was sent to pathology but came back normal - she did have the cord wrapped twice around her neck but the doctors don't think that has anything to do with the IUGR, only the decel. Like you, they plan to monitor me more closely with any subsequent pregnancy, but I'm curious as to how common IUGR re-occurance is, especially when there's no clear cause.

Good luck with your LO!
  • well they are sending me to MFM next Friday because growth is starting to slow down :( boo. I guess I will know more after Friday. I just hope if it is IUGR we have the same healthy outcome as last time
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • imageClaryPax:
    I had IUGR with my first and don't have it at least not yet with my second.  However, with my first I am pretty sure the IUGR was caused by another condition, so I don't know if this is much help if you don't know what caused the IUGR in your first. 

I was DX with MTHFR afterwards and they thought I might have had Pre-e but they never could tell me if either one was the cause or if it was just a fluke. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"