Preemies

Premies having premie?

I was born 10 weeks early at 2lbs 11 oz, 29 years ago.  My mother has told me that this will increase my chances of having a premie myself.  Is this true?
DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

Re: Premies having premie?

• Just anecdotal, but I was born at 34 weeks, and my DD was born at 41.  So, even if there is some slightly increased chance, it is still not very likely.
  • I'm not sure how true it is but I do worry about when DD grows up and has kids, my mom uncle were preemie, I was preemie, and DD was preemie, all for different reasons, but it does seem to run in my family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a slight risk if you as a preemie were born before 32 weeks. For example, I was born at 26 weeks, as a result I potentially have a higher risk of pre-e, hypertension and pre-term labour. However, so far I'm not showing any signs of any of those. 
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My Mom had Pre-e and delivered me at 36 weeks.  I had Pre-e and delivered LO at 36 weeks.  Coincidence yes but kinda crazy.  We were both diagnosed the same week also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was a preemie, but had a preemie for VERY different reasons than the reason I was born early.  (I have a clotting disorder, my mom does not.  She was tested after I found out about mine...after I had DS).  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"