3rd Trimester

Do contractions feel like...

Repeated painful pulsing for a minute or so, then they stop and start up again?  Or are they usually one solid/steady pain for a minute or so, then stop?  

I've been contractiony and in some pretty steady (not unbearable) pain all day, and I'm feeling the LO moving around lower than I've ever felt (right above my pubic bone).  I'm only 39 weeks, so I'm thinking it's probably not labor.  But is this what I should expect?

ETA a word 

Re: Do contractions feel like...

• I'd say if it is something you're noticing the start/stop to it, definitely could be contractions.  Use a contraction timer to see how they are spaced.  But just because you are 39 weeks, doesn't mean it couldn't be the beginnings of labor.  Not everyone goes to their due date or late for their first.  I certainly didn't. 
  • For all I know, what it felt like for me could be different for you. I don't remember pulsations.. just a steady rhythm of:  tight-Tight-TIGHT...and relaxing...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you seen what contractions look like on a printout? Where they kind of look like waves? Imagine the tightening of the uterus coming on, and it builds and builds until it peaks for almost a minute, then the uterus gradually relaxes. To me, it felt like a charlie horse in my pelvis when I was in labor with DD, with the peaks sometimes happening twice during one contraction. Whereas with BH contrax you feel your whole uterus tighten (maybe painful, maybe not), labor contractions are centered in your pelvis, or start off in your lower back and wrap around to the front or, in back labor, be all in the lower back.

Oh, and unlike BH these are timeable and last longer than a minute, and they intensify/don't stop when changing positions, laying down, walking, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my experience, there was no pulsing - just a steady pain - feels like the worst menstrual cramp ever and just gets more intense.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"