February 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD Family Portraits

So we have rescheduled our family portrait session twice now and I am getting frustrated.  As of now they are supposed to be on Sunday and we are supposed to have a huge storm that day. (for us "huge storm" means lots of rain and wind)  My sister thinks we should do them indoors at her office building but I am worried they won't come out good in an office building, even though it is pretty.  Here are a few from last year, I am afraid they will not even close to compare...

I was so in love with these I feel like I might be really disappointed and regret spending the money.  

So, what would you do?  Keep holding out for a nice day, which may not come in time to order Christmas cards?  Or trust her that they will come out okay indoors? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD Family Portraits

• Options

Your pictures from last year are amazing. I love your hair!

I'm the anxious type, so I'd probably go with the office building, unless you think you can reschedule them for next weekend. I probably wouldn't wait past next weekend. 

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok here are my thoughts. Take some at your sisters office building. But also go buy fun rain boots and bright colored umbrellas and shoot some outside anyway. Your DS1 would have a blast jumping in puddles and could be incredible. Everyone would say I wished it had rained on our photo shoot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice, but you guys are one good looking family!
  • Options

imageallisons1014:
    Ok here are my thoughts. Take some at your sisters office building. But also go buy fun rain boots and bright colored umbrellas and shoot some outside anyway. Your DS1 would have a blast jumping in puddles and could be incredible. Everyone would say I wished it had rained on our photo shoot.

love this idea, and I agree that you have a gorgeous family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd do the office building. As long as the lighting is good the background doesn't even matter. Honestly, think of how many great pics you've seen of people just standing in front of a window, or brick wall, etc...

I agree with PPs, you have a good looking family so anywhere will do! Plus inside might be a nice change from last year anyway. 

• Options

imageallisons1014:

This is a great idea and could turn out so cute! 

Love your pictures from last year. Good luck!

• Options
    What is the office building like?
  • Options

Thank you everyone!  The office building is old and a little rustic but in a beautiful way.  My sister also said we could go into her firms lobby to do some in front of their tree.  I agree with you all, it will turn out cute.  I think I was worried about the baby in the rain but I am realizing we could get some great ones of Logan playing in the puddles, he and I have matching blue/pink rainboots so some good mommy and son ones too  Wink  

You all made me feel much more positive about this! 

ETA- I will post some next week so you can all see how they turned out! 

• Options
    I don't really have anything to add, I love PP's suggestion.  I just wanted to say I love your siggy, Shmogan - I heart Rick, now, because of that movie!!!
  • Options
    I'd be too nervous with the weather. Is there another indoor option if you don't like the office?
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options

First, you do have a beautiful family!!

Second, Love Actually is one of my all time favorite movies, so Shmogan, I adore you for your siggy!

Last, I LOVE the idea of the rain boots and umbrellas! I so want to take pictures in the rain now!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"