November 2011 Moms
Options

still mostly just eating milk

Most of what DD's diet consists of is still 99% milk (either bm when I'm with her plus some wcm at daycare).  She gets at least 2 meals, which she doesn't eat much of before she gets bored and loses interest.  She seems to be satisfied and is getting enough but I'm just a little concerned that she should be eating more.  How much does your LO actually eat and is most of it milk?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: still mostly just eating milk

• Options
    DS just recently in the past week started eating a decent amount of food. He drinks 3 8oz bottles of formula. Today he ate:
    Breakfast a whole banana, 3 apple slices 2 grapes
    SnackCheerioshandful
    Lunch ham cheese roll up apple slices
    Snack yogurt fruit pouch
    Dinnersweet potatoes, tablespoon of cranberries,half a roll, couple bites of Mac n cheese a bite of turkey
    He has turned into an eating machine lately. I haven't done anything different. Its just liked something clicked now he likes to eat.
    Sorry for crappy formatting...mobile bumping

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Maybe if you gave her less milk she would be more hungry for actual food?

Our Pedi said that LO should have no more than 15oz of WCM/Formula/BM a day the rest should be food.

Today DD ate:
    Morning: 5oz bottle of formula (she hates WCM)
    Breakfast: 1 banana + 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    Lunch: 1/2 Chicken Breast + 1/4 Orange
    Snack: 1/2 sweet potato
    Dinner: 1/4 cup of mac n' cheese, 1/4 cup of mixed veggies (carrots, peas, and green beans), and about 2oz of turkey
    Bedtime: 5oz of formula

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD2 is still figuring out self feeding, so she is still getting formula.  DD1 has gone through periods where I was sure she was going to waste away and periods where she can pack in everything in sight.  Her pedi said she won't starve, just keep offering her food and she'll eat what she needs (we offered her favorites when she was eating light).  Just be sure to limit your WCM to 16-24oz/day.  They can develop iron definciency anemia if they exceed that amount on a regular basis.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

This is what DD ate yesterday and a fairly good example of a typical day.

7am: 7 oz. WCM

8am: some Cheerios, 1 scrambled egg with 1-2 Tbsp of shredded cheddar, 1/2 blueberry muffin

Noon: offered 7 oz. WCM, she drank ~4 oz.

1pm: 1/2 apple, a few slices of cucumber.. She wasn't too hungry

6pm: 1 c. homemade mac & cheese, 1/2 c. peas

7pm: 7 oz. WCM, drank all of it

Our pedi said to keep WCM at ~20 oz. a day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You should cut back on milk - your doctor would tell you that, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi said try to limit to 16oz but we have settled at 20oz. DS is a decent eater but he just wants milk. We started offering him food first whenever it was a normal meal time (even wake up). We do a bottle about an hour later. We also do a LOT of encouragement to get him to eat his meals and do a mix of finger foods and us feeding him. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"