January 2013 Moms
Options

Banished to bedrest...waiting on protein results :(

I spent 24 hours in the L&D dept. last night and all of today...my blood pressure is high if I'm not laying down, which sucks.  Had to do the 24-hour pee donation too and we're waiting on the results.  The Dr. was supposed to have called us by now, but no news yet.  If the values are above 300, which is high, but watchable, she says we'll probably just make it till 37 weeks.  If the values are insanely high, in the 1000's they'd want to induce soon.  Other than that, I'm not to go to work and will be on bedrest from now on.  I'm going to try to work a couple hours a day via laptop (lying down of course.)  Hoping I'll not use a whole 3 weeks of FMLA.

I know I'm going to have a hard time not doing anything...I tend to be busier at home than anywhere else and don't sit down!  My husband is on a mission to keep me from being up-he's already got lists for himself to do.

Any suggestions on projects to work on or great blogs websites to take up time?  I'm not really a scrapbooker or make photo albums.  

***Doc just called, my number was 290 so just below the pre-e line!  She does say it will probably go up and over, as it was just at 194, 10 days ago, but she is confident that we will make it till 37 weeks with me resting!  Guess I might be having a December/Christmas week baby!

Re: Banished to bedrest...waiting on protein results :(

• Options
    I was on bed rest for pree with DD. I went out at 34 weeks. It was super hard not to get up and clean while I was at home, but my mom was super helpful. She would cook for us a few times a week, wash dishes, and diva few loads of laundry.

As for passing the time, I watched entirely too much tv, read a ton, and played online.

The ladies on the high risk board did a bed rest check in.

As far as blogs go, I really like jennepper.com and the southern belle baby blog.

Amazon has some free kindle books and you can get a kindle app for iPad/iPhone/android.

As far as bedrest goes, I was on bedrest for 3 weeks and then they delivered DD via csection at 37 weeks.
  • Options

I'm glad you're making it to 37 weeks! I just developed PIH this week and I'm on modified bedrest, I am allowed to go into the office for up to 4 hours. I've been bored to tears when I am home lying down and I'm having trouble sleeping which isn't helping any--I am usually a good sleeper but I'm tired of lying down once bedtime rolls around.

What about making some photo albums online? Xmas shopping! Reading a book? I can't do crafty things because my joints in my fingers are really sore but if I could I'd cross-stitch--easy to do lying on your side. 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad your not pre-e & they think you'll make it to 37 weeks. I too have a hard time staying still unless there is something good on the tv! I spend a good amount of time in the morning reading baby blogs [topbabyblogs.com] and I taught myself to knit recently. 
  • Options
    No suggestions on bed rest activities, but just wanted say that I'm sending some T&P your way!
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're having to be on bed rest. :( I've been on bedrest since 28 weeks because of this and I've had to spend some time in the hospital. But have hope and be good with your bedrest because my levels were above 300 and with bed rest I was able to get them below 300! I'm still on bed rest but it makes me hopeful that we'll be able to make it to 37 weeks even though it started so early. You can do it just be good about the bed rest because it's important for baby and you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks for the great ideas and encouragement ladies!  I really want to knit and have tried over the years, but sorta suck.  Time to try again I suppose!
  • Options

I'm on bedrest for high blood pressure.  Surprisingly the first week has flown by but I'm having anxiety over everything I need to get finished.  I'm working on crocheting. I'm pretty bad now but hoping to get better! 

PM me if you need to vent or have questions! GL!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Options
    No suggestions for bedrest but glad to hear that your doctor things you will make it to 37 weeks. Keep that baby in and cooking as long as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"