Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Music Classes Anyone?

I just enrolled DS into music classes through Music Together-First Notes. It's a class for LOs 0-8months. I'm really excited. It starts after the first of the year. Even though DS will be closer to 9 months, I figured it wouldn't make too big of a difference esp. since his adjusted age makes him 4 weeks younger. Has anyone attended music classes with LO? If so, how was the experience? Any moms in the Pittsburgh area interested? It's at PGH Center for the Arts.

DH and I have always appreciated the educations we were able to receive growing up and value learning to the fullest. I'm so jazzed to get my little man started. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Music Classes Anyone?

• I attend a Music Garden every week with LO at our library for ages 0-18 months.  They also do a group for 2-5 year olds.  I wouldn't necessarily call it a class, but we get together sing silly songs, play with little instruments, do finger play songs, etc.  LO loves it and I love that she gets to interact with other kids and it gives me a chance to meet other moms.
  • I love Music Together!  We are in a mixed ages class.  DD is the only baby there (she is 8 months old) and the other kids range in age from 2-5 years old.  DD loves watching the older kids and her face lights up when we sing the songs.  During the group play along with instruments, they give her little shakers and she loves them.

We have been in classes for 5 weeks now and she recognizes all of the songs.  We sing the songs at home too and play games with them.  I was hesitant to sign her up at first since there were no other babies but I'm so glad we're doing it.  It's so important to start enriching their love of music at a young age.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing ladies! I'm even more excited about it now!!! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"