Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Minipill vs IUD

I've been on the minipill since LO was born.  I'm really awful at remembering to take it at the same time everyday.  DH & I do not want any more LOs just yet so I need to switch to something else.  I'm thinking about an IUD since I don't have to remember to take it & I'm still BFing.  Looking for opinions on IUDs from current or former users.  TIA
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Minipill vs IUD

• I recently got the Paraguard copper IUD and I love it. I breastfeed as well and like that there are no hormones involved.  I got it about a month and a half ago and have had zero complications. It is great to not have to worry about remembering the pill everyday. I took the pill for years before I stopped to try for DD. HTH! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • also on the paraguard copper iud....I do really like the convenience of it and it was easy to get at my Drs office...however I have been spot bleeding a few days a week since I got it and my periods have been heavy...but at my follow up my Dr said that is normal and my periods will become lighter and lighter in the months to follow..heres hoping! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the mini-pill and it's all good, no issues. I agree, it's a PITA to take it everyday, but I have a  freakish fear of IUD's so I haven't tried anything else other than pills.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesmdukes:
    I have the mini-pill and it's all good, no issues. I agree, it's a PITA to take it everyday, but I have a  freakish fear of IUD's so I haven't tried anything else other than pills.

I like the minipill too. While I remember to take it daily the times are too far apart for it to be as effective as it should. I have a freakish fear of getting pregnant with 2 under 1...

For those that do have an IUD was it painful being inserted or cause any discomfort afterwards?  I'm sure it doesn't compare to childbirth but I'm curious.

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have the Merina IUD 5 year it was very uncomfortable while my dr inserted in me, he said it would be for awhile but by the time he finishes I'd forget about it. And sure enough I did. I did bleed after then it stopped then I bled heavily, now it has lighten up. It is better than taking a pill having to remember to take it every day.
  • I have the Mirena IUD and love it.  Dr's usually recommend getting it inserted during your menses so it wouldn't hurt as much but I just sucked it up at my 6 wk pp.  I felt a very mild pinch and it was over. I also forgot to take tylenol before arriving. 

I had Mirena prior to getting KU and knew I would get it again. I did bleed on and off for about 4 weeks afterwards, but now I rarely spot. For me I like that I don't have any bleeding even when Aunt Flo is in town - no worrying about pads, tampons or messin up perfectly cute panties... all plusses in my book!

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"