February 2013 Moms
Options

XP: Seeking out T&P, Pre-E diagnosis

Looking for any positive thoughts you can send my way, I really need it with how today went  :(

I'm at 30 weeks and diagnosed with preeclampsia earlier today. This is my 2nd go round with it, but with DS1, I wasn't diagnosed until 34 weeks. I go back to OB on Tuesday for follow up, until then told to rest as much as possible and monitor BP at home. Definitely scared at how early this has come up this time...hoping to keep this baby cooking for a lot longer and am just feeling really discouraged and worried tonight. Thanks all

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

Re: XP: Seeking out T&P, Pre-E diagnosis

• Options
    T&Ps coming your way! I'm so sorry about your diagnosis and stress. Just remember you are in good hands with your care providers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and keep baby cooking!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope they're able to keep it under control for a while yet!!

I had pre-e/HELLP with DD and had read all these studies saying that about 25% of women get it again and about 8% of those (so 2% total) have it earlier. Then I was talking to my MFM, and he explained that "earlier" according to these studies means before 30 weeks. So even though I had to have a c/s at 34w1d with DD, if I have this LO at 30w because of it, it won't count as "earlier" because the long-term prognosis is the same. Ridiculous that officially you won't be counted as "earlier," isn't it?

The good news about that is that even though you're looking at a longer stay in the NICU, according to my MFM, you most likely won't need to worry about long-term problems resulting from prematurity. Again, I hope this is all irrelevant and it stays mild so you can keep LO in for at least several more weeks!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    Thanks all!

Kelly: Thanks for that info especially with 30wks hopefully being a good cutoff if he were to come this early!

Trying to stay positive...

• Options
    Also remember that they might have caught it earlier this time because they were looking for it specifically. You might have been mildly symptomatic (at least clinically) at 31 or 32 weeks with your DS but it wasn't caught until 34w. Hopefully it will be good that they caught it early and with bedrest and BP meds you can hold out for a few weeks!!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    T&P to you!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So sorry about your diagnosis.  I got it at 34 weeks last time also.  Question for you- has your BP been trending high before now?  I only ask b/c mine has been really low and I have not been having the issues with swelling that I had last time around.  Was hoping that means that I am not going to end up with pre-e again!

In any case, put your feet up, relax and try to stay calm about it!  Just think of all of the extra time you have to spend on the bump now! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagered daisy:
    So sorry about your diagnosis. nbsp;I got it at 34 weeks last time also. nbsp;Question for you has your BP been trending high before now? nbsp;I only ask b/c mine has been really low and I have not been having the issues with swelling that I had last time around. nbsp;Was hoping that means that I am not going to end up with pree again!In any case, put your feet up, relax and try to stay calm about it! nbsp;Just think of all of the extra time you have to spend on the bump now!nbsp;

my BP started to trend up around 28 weeks, with a trace of protein in urine. I haven't had any other swelling, significant weight gain, etc.

I hope it will stay at bay for you! I was really hoping for a normal pregnancy this time around and this will definitely be our last :

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"