August 2013 Moms
Options

Who are you telling?

Right now the only person that knows is my BF and my boss. I don't want to tell anyone too soon and the pregnancy not continue and then everyone around me gets let down. Plus, this is going to be a complete shock for my bestfriend my family .. who is under the impression I only wanted one child. Advice on when should be a good time?

Santas little helper!

Re: Who are you telling?

• Options
    We'll tell our immediate family when we see them for Christmas. Right now, the IRL people who know are our donor and his fiance, my godchildren, and my assistant. We'll keep it that way until Christmas, when we tell family (and maybe my boss), and we'll let the rest of the world know at 12 weeks.
  • Options
    We are telling everyone on Christmas because we will have been to the first appointment by then.  A few people already know like our parents and my boss.  I feel like if something does happen I will be so upset that my family and friends will end up knowing anyway because I will need the support so we are going to go on and tell them so they can share in the joy we have right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We told my parent's last night and we will tell my ILs tomorrow.  Siblings will find out at Christmas, since it will be the first time we see everyone.  Everyone else won't find out until after the 1st trimester.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    This is my first baby so I am refraining myself from shouting it from the roof tops :)  Right now only one person besides DH knows; the guy I work nightwatch with during the foaling season.  We've spent lots of time together over this last year and became good friends.  He knew about our "near" pregnancy back in Feb.   I told him to hold off telling anyone (like his mom and his wife whom I'm friends with on FB).  DH and I are traveling back to Pa just after New Years to visit my family.  We'll tell my Mom, Sister, grandmother, Dad and his girlfriend b/c she'll be with him.  I was thinking we would make a big announcement at a get-together my mom is throwing us at church for anyone who wants to visit with us.  Now I am having reservation about it b/c I don't want to have a huge pity-party if something goes wrong. 
  • Options

I wanted to keep it a secret from EVERYONE (including our family) until at least Christmas. But DH is so excited he rushed out and told everybody and their dog. Seriously.

It will be hard if something goes wrong for sure, although I also know that we will have a lot of support from family/friends.

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We're telling my parents tonight, DH's parent's sunday, and our siblings somewhere in between there. 
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is our first!! I'm due 8/5 and we haven't told anyone yet because its so early, but it kind of feels lonely not talking about it with anyone...
  • Options
    Aside from my partner, no one until at least 12 weeks.
  • Options
    I've only told a couple of people. I really want to tell my family but I'm waiting until Christmas for a couple of reasons. First, I want to make sure all is still going well before telling them but the biggest reasons is that I think it would be so cool to tell them all together on Christmas day with an ultrasound picture.

• Options
    My sister and BIL know. They're expecting their first baby in June and I'm thrilled to get to share this experience with her. My BIL/SIL also know; she's due in January with her first and has been my BFF since high school so I had to share with her. Our parents and other close family members will find out on Christmas.
  • Options

We're telling close family Christmas morning (we're hosting). 

But for now: MH, 3 close friends (1 is also pregnant), and July 2011 moms.  Thinking of telling my mom earlier this time, but I'd really love to see her face Christmas morning with DD comes downstairs with her "Big Sis" jammies on.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH knows, one of my friends (who is like a pregnancy whisperer) guessed and then we talked for hours (she just had a little girl), and DH's best friend.  I feel like the bump is great place to share in this early experience in a safe way! I'm hoping to tell everyone at Christmas..
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options

Our families know, and I've told a couple friends, but that's it for now. 

If you want to wait until you're out of the first trimester to tell, I think that's reasonable, but I wouldn't wait much longer than that.  The other thing though, is that if anything should happen, will they be the ones to support you?  If so, you might consider telling them before.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"