Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

What would you do? DS illness

DS has been sick on and off for two months.  He's had the cold/stuffy crud as well as the stomach vomiting/diarrhea crud.

He's also developing moderately high fevers semi-regularly.  Once or twice a week, he'll get a fever that spikes up to 102-103.  He acts tired and clingy but not other symptoms.  I give him some ibuprofen and he's usually back to normal within 12-24 hours.

I went to the pediatrician about a month ago because DS just couldn't get well, and he didn't think there was much he could do.  But today DS had another fever, the third time this week, that spiked up to 103.

I'm just tired of him being sick.  I want to know that this regular on-and-off fever isn't a symptom of any larger problem, and I want him to finally be well!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What would you do? DS illness

• Options
    Trust your gut and take him back to the doctor. 
  • Options
    Ditto pp. That seems a little too regular & coming & going etc. Does he have a cough? Does the fever tend to go up at night? How's peeing? Obviously it could just be random viruses  but just recurrent fever in general over a decent period of time w/ no cause I think is worth a visit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Take him back to the doctor, the crud could have developed into an infection by now. DS has been off and on for the last couple weeks and we went in for his well check today, he had had a fever Tuesday but was fine by Wednesday but was still coughing a bit.. doctor heard crackles in his lungs, so now we're on steroids and neb treatments. Hopefully DS is feeling better soon! 'Tis the season.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He needs to go back. "The crud" doesn't usually cause fevers that high for that long. This sounds bacterial. Yo
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options

Thanks for the reassurance - I'm going to take him back on Monday.  I want him to get some lab work done to check WBC counts & make sure it isn't an infection, and also to check for auto-immune disease which runs in my family.  I'm about 99.99% sure that isn't the problem, but with a prolonged fever I want to be sure.

Just wanted to be sure I'm not being a crazy mom about this ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"