TTC after 35

Because you know how I feel...

Today one of my dear friends told me she is pregnant.  She just got married a month ago and was actually 6 weeks pregnant at her wedding.  I am so happy for her, she is my age (35) and we have been through a lot together.  And while I'm so happy for her, I'm sad for myself.  Hers was not a planned pregnancy, so I was pretty surprised as was she.  I guess in my heart I had kind of hoped I'd have her on this TTC journey, the only one of my friends who doesn't already have kids and was trying for her first being the same age as I am.  But here I am, still not pregnant.  She was so kind and sensitive in telling me, she felt bad because I have shared with her my frustrations.  Then, on top of that today, my husband tells me he wants to take a break this month from TTC.  He shared with me that last month he really thought we were pregnant, and when we weren't, it was really hard on him emotionally.  He also has to have an SA done and it has been a total fiasco in trying to schedule one.  I know we could both use the break, but in my mind all I can think is..."a wasted month..."

I'm struggling tonight.  I'd rather stay home and feel sorry for myself but I'm going to force myself to go to Zumba with my friend tonight.  Maybe some exercise will cheer me up.

Re: Because you know how I feel...

• I know oh too well how you are feeling. Your not alone and we are here for you! I am sorry you are having a rough day and I hope tomorrow is better. Don't worry about "wasting" a month. Take it off and relax...I know..easier said than done. Yay for Zumba!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• What a strong person you are.....as you said, we do know how you feel and seeing all the people around us get prego and the world keeps spinning around and around...you dealt with your friend, so gracefully.  And to boot, going to Zumba...way to go girl!  Lol.....

Now, you just need to plan a weekend trip next month for DH and you and pick up some good spirits along the way to get you both in the mood and who's to say, that there was any TTC...Lol...

You are my kinda gal, just take a deep breath and know that your time is coming and we will all celebrate with you.  Take care and big hugs!  :)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJacque Sills:

What a strong person you are.....as you said, we do know how you feel and seeing all the people around us get prego and the world keeps spinning around and around...you dealt with your friend, so gracefully.  And to boot, going to Zumba...way to go girl!  Lol.....

Now, you just need to plan a weekend trip next month for DH and you and pick up some good spirits along the way to get you both in the mood and who's to say, that there was any TTC...Lol...

You are my kinda gal, just take a deep breath and know that your time is coming and we will all celebrate with you.  Take care and big hugs!  :)

All of this. 

"Don't look back, you can never look back." - Don Henley
  • You girls are so sweet. Thank you for the encouragement : I did go to Zumba. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!! It was my first time. Since I've been home I've been in tears. This really threw me off today. Even my husband was teary tonight in sharing his feelings with me. I was so naive when I started this process. So I will shed some more tears and try to get some sleep, hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Hope you are feeling better today.  Hang in there.  You are not going through this journey alone - you've always got us.  Hugs!!!
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • I know how you feel... Hugs!!  Hang in there- be kind to yourself and do something just for you today.  A nice latte and a book, a bubble bath, a nice walk. 

Husbands struggle with TTC and have a hard time expressing their feelings.  It is great that he is sharing with you so try and look at that as a positive.  Try a special date night and make him feel very special and loved.  Try not to talk about TTC the whole night unless he brings it up.  His spirit may lift and he may be ready to try again this month.  It sounds like he just needs get over his disappointment from last month and maybe you can help cheer up :) Worth a shot :)

Hugs!!!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I applaud your hubby for sharing, they may know intellectually everything that is going in with TTC but they are even more in dark then we are! Because at least we "feel" our bodies and they just kind of hang out do their thing and then wait - not exactly fun.

So this is a stressful month anyway, maybe taking time off and refocus for the new year will be what you need! and if you accidently happen to bd when your fertile....well.....:)

best of luck, celebrate you both this month so you can really focus and give DH the time he needs.....

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• You ladies are so encouraging. I really needed to read these again today. I've come to accept that my husband needs some time and will support him. I know it will help me to relax and maybe finally get pregnant! : We are currently in Toronto visiting my brother in law and we haven't had any alone time but tomorrow night we have a hotel room and I hope to have sex and enjoy ourselves. :

Thanks, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"