Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

A few questions

Hi. Sad to be here, but glad that I can connect with others who have experienced the same thing. MC at 7 weeks on Thanksgiving Day (yeah, it sucked, especially when my sister stood and announced she was pregnant at the dinner table). DH and I are so disappointed, this has been much harder than I expected. We are lucky that we have a 20mo DS, I can't imagine how even more frustrating/sad this would be if we didn't have him. 

I had one day of spotting a week before, and then constant mild cramps on right side. Thanksgiving Day had tiny spotting, then went for a jog and had blinding pain in right side, and cramps so hard I couldn't stand up. After that I started bleeding heavily and that lasted until yesterday. Wed night I had extremely painful cramps/pain that traveled from right side to upper abdomen for about an hour. I have not had any bleeding since they stopped. I have continued to have strong cramps/pain in right side probably 2-3x/day, lasting about 30-45 minutes each. 

I called my dr the next day, but since I was out of town and MC naturally, they said I was "not emergency status" and scheduled me for a week after Thanksgiving (yesterday). I woke up and got myself emotionally prepared for this appt, but then they called and said my dr was sick and they could not reschedule me until Monday. This was very frustrating to me, no one in my immediate family has had a MC, so they are not sure what is normal or not and are being over-sensitive towards me, which is kind, but not helpful, so I kind of feel alone in this.

So now I will turn to you, fellow Bump family :) : How long does the pain/cramping last? Should I be concerned about an ectopic pregnancy? The internet is a gift and curse, since in trying to read up on things you always read the worst case scenario.

Also, I feel like this experience has not only robbed me of my joy with this pregnancy, but with any future ones as well. I am so worried that I won't be excited for next PPT because I will just be worried this will happen again. How have you ladies coped with this fear? Thanks so much. 

Dax, our joy 3/5/11 BFP #2: 11/12/12 EDD: 7/23/13 Natural MC: 11/22/12 @5w3d--Miss you baby. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A few questions

• So sorry you're joining us here :( I don't have much advice medically as I'm still sifting through it myself but know that you're not alone in your feelings. I keep thinking about how when we try again if I do get pg I could go through all this nightmare again. I guess I'll eventually heal enough that it will be worth that risk but it does still suck to think about right now.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • My sister announced her pregnancy at Thanksgiving too....I hads a D and C the night before. She was also pregnant with my last MC and has a 5 mo old.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first mc the cramps lasted a week but I bled for two weeks. My most recent mc I had pain off and on for three days and bled for seven. Each mc is different so don't expect cut in stone answers. If you have passed fetal tissue (it will look different from bloodclots) you shouldn't worry about an ectopic.

Also, having a mc numbed me toward pregnancy altogether. It fills me with more worry even thinking about a PPT. However, I want a family and I'll endure whatever I have to for that.

Sorry you are going through this!
    Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • imagemightymousy:
    So sorry you're joining us here :( I don't have much advice medically as I'm still sifting through it myself but know that you're not alone in your feelings. I keep thinking about how when we try again if I do get pg I could go through all this nightmare again. I guess I'll eventually heal enough that it will be worth that risk but it does still suck to think about right now.

Thanks Mightymousy, I came to this board because I was feeling alone. Nice to know there are others out there feeling the same way. :) We'll get through this! 

Dax, our joy 3/5/11 BFP #2: 11/12/12 EDD: 7/23/13 Natural MC: 11/22/12 @5w3d--Miss you baby. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebellybaby:
    My sister announced her pregnancy at Thanksgiving too....I hads a D and C the night before. She was also pregnant with my last MC and has a 5 mo old.

That is terrible. After having a D and C the night before, that must have been so hard! Sorry to hear that! 

• imagehollandpandas:
    With my first mc the cramps lasted a week but I bled for two weeks. My most recent mc I had pain off and on for three days and bled for seven. Each mc is different so don't expect cut in stone answers. If you have passed fetal tissue (it will look different from bloodclots) you shouldn't worry about an ectopic.

Also, having a mc numbed me toward pregnancy altogether. It fills me with more worry even thinking about a PPT. However, I want a family and I'll endure whatever I have to for that.

Sorry you are going through this!

Thanks so much! I guess that makes sense, I hear every pregnancy is different, so I guess each MC would be the same. thank you for reminding me of that. It's all just so crazy. We're kind of on the other side of the looking glass now, the excitement isn't the same because we know what can go wrong. :( Good luck to you, I sincerely hope things work out sooner than later.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"