3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone else's DH/SO nesting?

I don't know why, but DH is very nervous this time around. I think the idea of a VBAC while he is supportive has him freaked out. He decided to start cooking "mommy meals" and thus far has made 4 different entrees and put them in meal-sized containers in the freezer. Last time I was the one going nuts and cooking, so it's funny to see how things have changed! Last week he fixed the cracks in the wall in the nursery, painted the nursery, helped me re-arrange the furniture, and now the cooking. I'm curious to see what else I can get him to do. He seems like a man on a mission lately!
imageimage

Re: Anyone else's DH/SO nesting?

• Options
    This is our first so yes my dh is in overdrive with the cleaning and organizing and cooking. I love it. He's awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nice, mine is definitely NOT nesting, but we have some time yet. I've been insisting that he house be spotless before we leave for Christmas so that I can just to maintenance once we get home(and go through all the shower gifts and wash clothes and such).... and we've had some fights over how insistent I am and I get all emotional like "if you can't clean the freaking living room now, then how are you gonna help me take care of a baby" I know I get a bit ridiculous but... yeah enough about me, that's cool that your DH is getting all worried about you and doing stuff for you, sounds amazing...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

pffft, I wish. He is as sloppy as ever. He will be attending Housewife Bootcamp in a few weeks, where we will be going over things like operating the washer correctly, the proper locations of where things belong, and things of that nature. Since I'm getting a c-section he is responsible for keeping house while I heal, should be interesting

• Options
    Mine may be nesting worse then me! LOL! He got really mad at me the other day because I STILL hadn't packed my hospital bag. I ended up doing it that night because I could tell how freaked out he was.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMom2aBoy:
    Mine may be nesting worse then me! LOL! He got really mad at me the other day because I STILL hadn't packed my hospital bag. I ended up doing it that night because I could tell how freaked out he was.

I thought my DH was the only one pestering me about the hospital bag! I should have listened to him because I ended up admitted the next night to the hospital (monitor high blood pressure) and could have used it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Love this. I hope it catches on at my house.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

imageFutureMrsTowns:
    nice, mine is definitely NOT nesting, but we have some time yet. I've been insisting that he house be spotless before we leave for Christmas so that I can just to maintenance once we get home(and go through all the shower gifts and wash clothes and such).... and we've had some fights over how insistent I am and I get all emotional like "if you can't clean the freaking living room now, then how are you gonna help me take care of a baby" I know I get a bit ridiculous but... yeah enough about me, that's cool that your DH is getting all worried about you and doing stuff for you, sounds amazing...

You've definitely got time still.  Mine didn't start until about two weeks ago, when I hit 37 weeks.  He fixed everything that he's been meaning to get to around the house, cleaned out the garage, cleaned the ENTIRE house, put together every single baby item we've gotten, moved out furniture that we're planning on getting rid of, set up our downstairs baby area, installed the car seat, demanded I pack my hospital bag so he could put it in his car, and ordered me a chest freezer so I can get my freezer meals and other stash done up.  It's pretty hysterical, actually. 

• Options
    my hubby and the dishwasher are at war with each other. out of the blue one day he thought he would surprise me and have the dishes all washed and put away. only thing is the dish washer doesn't like him and will not clean the dishes.  so since then he willn't let me touch it so i just sit back and giggle while he yells and fights with the dishwasher sometimes he wins other times he loses.  thats the closes to nesting he has done.  
    ambrinkle
  • Options

Ladies.

This isn't nesting. This is us not wanting to feel the wrath of a woman late in her pregnancy.

Preemptive measures for self preservation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"