Ohio Babies

Possibly moving to Toledo

Hey mamas, 

I live in a teensy town 5 hours from Toledo. DH was offered a job in Toledo and we're looking to move that way. Wanting to see if you ladies know of anywhere for rent? 2 bedrooms. I have a 4 month old son. I'm really struggling to figure this all out.. I'm young (only 18) and I've never lived out of town before. I'm almost at a loss for words. I've never been to Toledo. We're looking into Maumee and Perrsyburg. Any suggestions? Help would be appreciated!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
image image Blighted Ovum Due 4.20.13 Lost 09.19.12*

Re: Possibly moving to Toledo

• Perrysburg and Maumee are both pretty nice areas. I'm not as familiar with Maumee as I am with Perrysburg, but I know that you are going to pay more in Perrysburg than other Toledo suburbs like Rossford, but that being said, you get what you pay for. Perrysburg is a really nice city, lots of trees, lots of parks and close to the e-ways. There are usually some nice houses for rent and there are a lot of nice privately owned apartments available. It all depends on your budget and the size you need. I would stay away from Perry Lake Village, there are some very nice people that live there and some nice apartments, but there is also a lot of crime and drugs in those apartments. Three Meadows apartments aren't as bad, but they are older. The same for Titleist Club. Perry's Crossing and the Lakes at Woodmont apartments are very nice, but you pay a little more. The Residences at Carronade, Waterstone Landing and Preston Gardens are very nice, but you will pay a pretty penny. This isn't an exhaustive list by any means, but I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • We lived in Maumee and loved it there. Have since moved to Virginia.   We really miss Toledo and wish we were moving back.   It's a nice size city with great neighborhood options.  Good luck.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in the 43615 area right off the highway. City of Toledo, but Sylvania township. Wonderful area plus access to everything! Houses and apartments to rent all around. My husband and I lived in steeplechase apts a few years ago. Very nice, clean, safe, pool and fitness center. We payed 450/mth for 2bdrm. Great daycares near by and plenty of toddler areas. Good luck!!
  • If you still want that small town feel, I would suggest Perrysburg (where we live).  When we first moved from the Detroit area, we settled in Sylvania Twp for a year to be closer to the MI border.  You may find a lot of rental options there, but it is really busy, IMHO.  I know that Maumee/Holland area has a lot of rental options, but in Perrysburg, you will probably find rental homes and just a few apartments. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"