August 2012 Moms
Options

Moms That Were Smokers Before....

How are you doing now that you're not KU any more? 

I was a smoker when I got KU. ( she was an oopsie )  The second I realize I might be KU I ran my smokes under water and never touched them again.  It was actually pretty easy.  Then I BF'd for 2 months so still no smokes.  The first night I went out with the girls I caved and had one.  It was delicious not gonna lie.  I have been out 3 times since DD came and each time I have had a smoke.  Just one... and I enjoy it.  I know smoking is a gross habit and the funny part is I can't stand the way smokers smell. (Ironic)  There is just something about a cocktail, girl talk and a smoke. Flame Away non smokers.

Re: Moms That Were Smokers Before....

• Options

Lets not refer to my age for a second. 

I smoked before I got pregnant and had smoked for the first 5 weeks before I found out, when I found out I was KU I never touched one again.

But I started again occasionally. I don;t like it, But I do it anyway.

• Options
    I had been a smoker for about 10 years. Thank god I quit when prego and Im never going back. Its expensive, unhealthy, embarrassing, inconvenient, stinky and just not good. I too can't stand the way it smells on ppl. I can't believe I smelt like that for 10 flipping years!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:
    Lets not refer to my age for a second.nbsp;nbsp;I smoked before I got pregnant and had smoked for the first 5 weeks before I found out, when I found out I was KU I never touched one again.But I started again occasionally. I don;t like it, But I do it anyway.nbsp;

You don't like it, but you do it anyway? What???

In response to OP, I used to smoke a cigarette or two when I drank, but once i got pregnant the smell was nauseating ::so?:: As I've said is posts before, I might smoke hookah in the future if I'll be away from LO for a while, but that's it. I don't need it, but if my friends and I go to a hookah bar I'll participate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageTula214:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:
    Lets not refer to my age for a second.nbsp;nbsp;I smoked before I got pregnant and had smoked for the first 5 weeks before I found out, when I found out I was KU I never touched one again.But I started again occasionally. I don;t like it, But I do it anyway.nbsp;
    You don't like it, but you do it anyway? What??? In response to OP, I used to smoke a cigarette or two when I drank, but once i got pregnant the smell was nauseating ::so?:: As I've said is posts before, I might smoke hookah in the future if I'll be away from LO for a while, but that's it. I don't need it, but if my friends and I go to a hookah bar I'll participate.

Okay, the OP's said they didn't like it either, but they do it anyway..

not just me, 

• Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

I smoked before I got pregnant and had smoked for the first 5 weeks before I found out, when I found out I was KU I never touched one again.

There will be no age reference from me... no worries.  A smoker is a smoker no matter what the age.  Let's not mention i'm 30 ok? LOL

• Options
    imagenicnac817:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

There will be no age reference from me... no worries.  A smoker is a smoker no matter what the age.  Let's not mention i'm 30 ok? LOL

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure you are.. but I could be wrong.

So I'm backing out of this thread. 

• Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

imageTula214:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:
    You don't like it, but you do it anyway? What??? In response to OP, I used to smoke a cigarette or two when I drank, but once i got pregnant the smell was nauseating ::so?:: As I've said is posts before, I might smoke hookah in the future if I'll be away from LO for a while, but that's it. I don't need it, but if my friends and I go to a hookah bar I'll participate.

not just me, 

I said I don't like the way smokers smell... like stale smoke. 

I do however enjoy the occasional smoke.

• Options
    imagenicnac817:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

imageTula214:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

not just me, 

I said I don't like the way smokers smell... like stale smoke. 

I do however enjoy the occasional smoke.

So lets rephrase what I said

I don't like the habit.  

• Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:
    imagenicnac817:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure you are.. but I could be wrong.

I was being nice, kinda funny... meaning your young and i'm old. Get it?

• Options
    imagenicnac817:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:
    imagenicnac817:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

I was being nice, kinda funny... meaning your young and i'm old. Get it?

I was meaning that I wasn't sure. Some people on here have a natural snark, and I don't know you well enough yet. :)

Sorryy. 

• Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

imageTula214:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

You don't like it, but you do it anyway? What???

In response to OP, I used to smoke a cigarette or two when I drank, but once i got pregnant the smell was nauseating ::so?:: As I've said is posts before, I might smoke hookah in the future if I'll be away from LO for a while, but that's it. I don't need it, but if my friends and I go to a hookah bar I'll participate.

not just me, 

Look I'm only a handful of years older than you so I'm not attacking you because you are young. Everyone else said they liked it, just not smoking as a habit in general. I was just shocked that you don't like it, but do it anyway. Why not just not do it?

Take a chill pill Shelby, you seem to be defensive any time someone replies to your comments. Not everybody is against you dear.
  • Options
    I was at one smoke a day before KU and hated myself for not being able to drop that last one. Haven't touched one since BFP and I am never going back!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshakinros:
    I was at one smoke a day before KU and hated myself for not being able to drop that last one. Haven't touched one since BFP and I am never going back!

You go giirrllll. You've gone this long, you can do without :]
  • Options
    I smoked for about 10 years prior ti becoming pregnant. Took me 10 days to quit after BFP. Dec. 21 will be 1 yr quitting anniversary. Wanted one plenty if times but absolutely will not give in. Other than not being able to afford it, my stepfather and DH's stepmother were both recently diagnosed with lung cancer and they're smokers. They won't get to see our kids graduate high school or get married or have their first child. Not worth it. No flames.... just hits home hard for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

Age doesn't matter when it comes to smoking. I know people who started when they were ten, like my grandpa or 13 like my little sister.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageDemoDoll:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

Age doesn't matter when it comes to smoking. I know people who started when they were ten, like my grandpa or 13 like my little sister.

My dad is from Greece, and told me there's no laws regarding how old you have to be to smoke.
  • Options

imageDemoDoll:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

Yep.  My grandpa started at 9...died of lung cancer almost 20 years ago. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"