2nd Trimester
Options

Best med for a cold?

Hey guys! I woke up this morning with a sore throat and my nose was kinda stuffy all day. EVERYONE at work is sick, as is my fiance, so I don't think I'll get away from it anytime soon. I'm 24 weeks pregnant, anything you would suggest to take and stay away from? I can't find much searching on google which I was surprised from. Thanks! :

Re: Best med for a cold?

• Options
    Call your OB. In the meantime though I have a list from my MW that says sudafed and robitussin is ok. Still I don't know how your pregnancy has gone or if it even makes a difference. Still call....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Call your doc if you want to take meds and ask what's safe.

I personally don't want to take cold meds while pregnant, and have gotten through colds with Tylenol, tea and/or hot water with lemon and honey, a humidifier at night, saline nasal spray, and a neti pot. Feel better.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking sudafed and Tylenol pm which is Tylenol and Benadryl. I think those are on all doctors safe lists. The pharmacist can also help you. Feel better, I know it sucks.

Jacob, 1/14/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"