July 2013 Moms

Vent or annoyance or something

So as I've mentioned I take care of my uncle. He has cerebral palsy. He's high functioning but can't drive and therefore it's hard for him to live alone. It's like living with a 12 year old. 

Yesterday he got his flu shot and he walked around holding his arm saying "it aches so much, I'm going to go lay down but not on my arm. Elizabeth, my arm hurts I can't play with the blocks." On and on. My daughter didn't throw this much of a fit and she's one. 

It's probably my hormone induced short fuse.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: Vent or annoyance or something

• That has to be so tough. I am a teacher and have several high functioning special ed children in my class. I've noticed that my hormones are making it harder for me to be patient. 

Just remember you are such a wonderful blessing to him - even on that days that it's really hard for you and you don't feel patient.

What you are doing is a hard task though and I think it's OK to admit that it can be really trying at times.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are such a good person for having him live with you. That would test anyone's patience let alone when you are pregnant with a toddler.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • That's amazing what you're doing for your uncle. I'm sorry he's acting like a baby, but hopefully he'll be over it soon!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I'm sorry that has been hard for you.  My dad's girlfriend's daughter has cerebral palsy.  I would say she is also high functioning since she can be left alone for a few hours, but her mentality is equal to about a 7 or 8 year old.  I see her very rarely but she can be trying on your patience.  She apologizes all the time when it's not necessary, constantly asks for things she knows she isn't allowed to have and will do things like make herself throw up or threaten to jump out of the moving car if she doesn't want to do something. 

I know she loves her with all her heart, but I really don't know how my dad's gf does it sometimes.  Huge kudos to you for caring for your uncle, he is very lucky to have you.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• My older sister has CP. I love her to death but sometimes she can drive me crazy & it is usually these type of repetitions over & over that I just cant take. She is a highly functioning quadriplegic - she amazes me with all the drive she has & everything she does for herself with limited use of only one hand. God bless you for taking in & caring of your uncle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"