Parenting
Options

Nice to know I've still got it.

I totally was checked out at the grocery store in the beer aisle by a cute 20-something. I haven't been eye-banged like that in a while, and darn it felt good.

(mild bummer warning): There was a time when I could come home and tell DW about those sorts of encounters at it would lead to hot monkey love. These days, it would probably just make her feel insecure. And THAT is why I hate her post-pregnancy body. I hate it because she's not happy with it and doesn't want me to see any part of her naked. I get that pregnancy and parenthood changes things. I'm just a little bummed we can't have our little miracle and still have the hot passionate sex life we used to. I know I have it better than a lot of married guys so I shouldn't complain. But yeah, still a little bummed, but also optimistic that things will get better as the kid gets older... until we decide to have another one :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: Nice to know I've still got it.

• Options
    I know kind of where your coming from. DH constantly states that he hates how I feel during pregnancy. Since I don't feel sexy and do not want sex. While he is trying to have the old me (before this pregnancy) back. I told him that this is temporary. I know it isn't always temporary. However, I was a nympho before Rosie, once I lost the weight I was a nympho again, and hopefully history will repeat itself. Hopefully your DW comes to terms with her body and warm up to the idea of sex again. It just takes some time though. We are really hard on our bodies, period.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Its rough being on the "my body is totally fvckered up and I hate it and its stretched and saggy and fat, and lord my bewbs are totaled worst than a 15 car pile up on the freeway."  

I'm sure its hard on the dad side though too, because you love your wife and her body and you love what her body did, but there is basically NOTHING you can say to make her see it that way.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Of course you've still got it, you didn't carry the parasite for 9 months and then push it out your hoo hah.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options

I have self-image issues and often get depressed, thinking I don't have "it" anymore. And then I or my DH will catch someone checking me out.

For me, it's not so much my post-PG body as it the ageing that has come along with parenting. I feel like being a parent has aged me 10-15 years in the past 2 years. I think I look way older than I really am.

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    If you've still got it, prove it.  You initiate the "hot monkey sex" without your story about being eye banged. 
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    I know you probably do this, but you need to tell every day, several times a day how beautiful and hot you think she is. I was/am very insecure about my PP body, I think all women are because we look at ourselves and see all of our flaws under a magnifying glass then compare that to airbrushed 18 year old super models. DH tells me all the time how hot he thinks I am (not trying to brag on myself, but him) and even though I still don't think I'm hot by my standards, I now really believe that I am beautiful and hot to him which makes me super confident to be around him and to be intimate with him. Tell her she's hot, tell her why you think she's hot, and tell her often.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options

imageHolls2011:
    imageBrandi Bee:
    I love it when my H gets checked out.nbsp; I don't know why that gets me going, but it does!Sucks she feels insecure about PP body....but it's understandable.nbsp; Lots of compliments will work, lol.
    I feel like if someone tried to check out my husband in front of me I would be pissed. Then I would claim my property and ravage dh.

The funniest used to be when gay guys did it. Because we all know how subtle they are. But it's not like they were a legitimate threat to her.

But no, she wasn't with me. Someone did have to stay home with the kid while I went on our beer run.

Tried to initiate. Shot down. She feels exhausted. I rubbed her back. She liked it and put her shirt back on after. Can't win em all.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

When my H and I go out we get great amusement from each other getting hit on. 

It happens to me more than him (I'm chatty and flirty when drinking) but the last time we went to a bar I left to go to the bathroom and this group of about 8 women totally pounced on him and left him flabbergasted.  It was hilarious.  

I don't know if this would be something youre open to, but what about showing her this thread?  You may tell her she's beautiful all the time, but I think reading that you said it to complete strangers might show her that you really mean it

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel like claiming my territory when I notice someone checking DH out. It always seems to happen when DH is still in his suit and it's always girls half his age. We get a giggle out of it. I always ask him if he's sure he doesn't want to trade me in for a younger model.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    Wait so you are saying it doesn't just light back up? Oh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats on your eye-banging. I was slightly flirted with a week or two ago and it was like Christmas morning for me. ;)  

That being said, I can see where your wife is coming from. I have many issues with my body. I got all the bad stuff...weight in all the wrong places, stretch marks and of course your vag just never feels quite the same. She just needs a little confidence and self esteem. As bad as I sometimes feel about myself, I am very lucky to have a dh that looks at me like I'm a supermodel piece of sex-meat. His amorous behavior definitely helps me forget my problems. So although it is something she has to work out for herself, compliment her and just make her feel sure and secure that she is still the most beautiful,sexy thing you've ever seen. 

• Options
    I had another thought rereading all of this. Did she get checked out a lot before getting pregnant? Does she get checked out still? Maybe telling her that some young girl checked you out just reminds her that you still have your pre-baby body and she doesn't, you can still get the hot young chicks and she maybe thinks she can't get another guy to look at her like that. I hope I'm making sense, I haven't been awake for long and I haven't had my coffee.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"