December 2010 Moms
Options

Have we discussed Santa?

Have you or will you intro Santa to your toddler this year?
What do you discuss about Santa?
What traditions will you start, etc?

Re: Have we discussed Santa?

• Options
    We have discussed Santa.  His first real encounter with Santa was last year when he had pics taken at JCP's photo center... he was ok with seeing him from distance, but did not want to sit on his lap.  This year, we have not tried yet (will next week), but we tell him that Santa is coming and if he's good, Santa will leave a present for him.  MIL got him the Elf on a Shelf this year too, he has been named "Joe"... and he's gotten the concept that he needs to find Joe every day.  We've told him Joe reports back to Santa.  If we ask him to pick out Santa on our tree, he will find the Santa ornaments.  So he knows what he looks like, but not sure if he fully grasps what Santa is about.
  • Options
    I'm not doing Santa this year and I don't think we'll ever do Santa.  DHs parents never did Santa for him and my parents never did Santa for me.  I dont know... I'm just thinking about the future and how sad he'll feel when he finds out Santa isn't real.  I guess DH and I still have to thoroughly discuss it.  But Im sure I'll never take my kids to see a mall Santa.  They creep me the fark out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Since MIL ordered FIL a new Santa costume last year and DH made me buy 100 feet of special "Santa wrapping paper," Santa is here to stay. 

That being said we're not ZOMG SANTA! people, unless your talking to DH's crazy cousin who thinks Santa is the devil, then yes, we are all about the Santa.

ETA:  Answering your questions:

We're going to have Santa stop by the house to give DD a present, I'm not sure if it will be on xmas eve or xmas day yet.  I'm not sure exactly how we'll build up to Santa's visit, but we'll be decorating with Santa stuff so hopefully she'll make a connection.  I'm hoping that between xmas specials and decore it will kind of happen naturally.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options
    We do Santa, he usually gives small things...our Christmas focus is not on him, or gifts, but we do include him. Jericho was very happy to sit on his lap last year...hopefully this year will go well too :)
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    Avery already loves Santa and says "ho ho ho" whenever she sees him. Santa will bring our kids their "big" gift every year and fill their stocking. Avery will also get a birthday gift from Santa since her birthday is Dec. 25th. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Santa rocks. We went to see him last weekend. She asked for an Elmo and an owl. (I need to figure out that owl thing, btw, because if anyone asks her what she's getting from Santa she says "Elmo. Owl, who who.")

We've read some books about Santa and watched part of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

At the moment she gets the concept that Santa will bring her presents.

I think we'll put out milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer this year. I always did that as a kid.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options

We will do Santa, but haven't discussed it with her. I doubt she will get the concept. She sat on Santa's lap last year and didn't want to get off. My dad has a beard, so I think she associated the two. We will watch all the Christmas shows and that sort of thing. I think next year she will get it more. She will get one gift from Santa each year, most likely something that will be setup or just have a bow on it. This year it will be matchbox cars and tracks that DH will set up. 

We will also put out cookies, milk and carrots for Santa and the reindeer.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I sometimes think I don't want to introduce Santa because of the eventual disappointment and because I don't want gifts to be the only focus. But then I remember how magical it all was as a child and don't want them to miss that. I like the idea of a small gift being from Santa. We didn't see a Santa last year do this is brand new for Oliver.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"