Parenting

diaper ?

So, DS can pretty much soak through any diaper because he can hold his pee for so long. I changed him last night around 9 and when I got him ready for school this morning at 6:15 he was dry. By the time we made it out the door 15 minutes later he had peed through his diaper and soaked his pants. We are currently using Pampers Extra Protection right now. Does anyone have any recommendations? oh, and he is pretty blatantly refusing PT unless it's on his terms (i.e. he asks).

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~

Re: diaper ?

• If my kid had been dry all night, I would have put him on the toilet, but that's me.

We always used pampers baby dry.

• Have you tried night time diapers?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you go up a size? My ds is the same way and it always seems like he pees right after we leave the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you sure it wasn't just a fluke? Sometimes I accidentally mess up dd's diaper and she leaks.
  • imageArnegard:

If my kid had been dry all night, I would have put him on the toilet, but that's me.

We always used pampers baby dry.

He won't go on the toilet unless he asks. If I try to put him on it without him asking first there is massive kicking and screaming and he tries to get off the toilet by himself (no step stool).

imagetarebear9891:
    Have you tried night time diapers?

The Extra Protection are the Pampers version of nighttime diapers.

imageSpitsNGiggles:
    Can you go up a size? My ds is the same way and it always seems like he pees right after we leave the house.

We've done this before when he was younger with no results.

imagekwitt22:
    Are you sure it wasn't just a fluke? Sometimes I accidentally mess up dd's diaper and she leaks.

Not a fluke, he's been doing this since he was a baby. We used to CD and he would pee through a diaper that had two doublers in it and a layer of hemp. Up until he was about a year and a half we would have to change him 1-2 times per night. Once he got older he started holiding it through the night but so far he's peed through his nighttime extra protection diaper and onto me twice this (school) year after we've both gotten dressed. There have even been times that he's gone to bed around 8 and been dry when I've dropped him off at DC the next morning at 6:30.

Is there maybe some trick I can do to make him pee? Tickle him or something? I just need him to get his nighttime pee out and change him so I don't have to worry about him peeing through his diaper. We are going to keep working on PT but right now that's only gone well when he's initiated it.

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Huggies Overnights and put that child on a potty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"