2nd Trimester
Options

Question about weight

Hi Ladies, I'm an everyday viewer but only occasional poster but I love all of the advice you have all shared with each other. I've just entered my second tri and I have a question about weight.  Before getting pregnant, I was overweight.  I carry it really well and have a bigger athletic build as I'm a coach but have always had a little flabby tummy.  It would be best if I probably shed 30ish pounds.  I'm 5'9" and before getting pregnant was 208.  I've been occasionally weighing myself and have also had my weight monitored at my doc appts.  This morning I dropped again and after my first tri I have lost 8 pounds and am down to 200.  Has anyone else dropped weight while pregnant?  I was never sick during my first tri, consider myself lucky and I've eaten the same as I always have just healthier.  I've dropped all the caffeine (I was a pop addict prior) and don't eat fast food like I do.  Is it still okay that I've lost and not gained?  I'm a little concerned and will discuss with my doctor next week at my appointment but I'm just wondering if their are ladies who have shared similar experiences.  I know that they say it's common for overweight women to gain less weight during pregnancy in order to stay healthy, but losing?

Thanks for the feedback! 

Re: Question about weight

• Options
    I didn't personally go through this but I had a couple of friends who did. They were both overweight when they got pregnant. They probably lost 30 lbs each during their whole pregnancy. Their doctors told them that's normal for women who are overweight. I wouldn't worry!! Just keep staying healthy. Sounds like you have really changed your diet. That's awesome and congratulations!! Keep it up!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am also 25lbs overweight, prior to pregnancy I was 185, and at my last check-up I was at 178. It's the lightest i've been since I was 13. I never had morning sickness per say; i never threw up, but I did have alot of food aversions... i could only eat oatmeal, cereal, yogurt and baked potatoes the first 3 months... i also caught 2 colds and was in bed, barely eating. I have my 16 week check up on monday, and i'm pretty sure i only gained a lb or 2 of it back. I don't really have any aversions anymore (except to chocolate which is weird) but my appetite isn't what it was prior to pregnancy. 

Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't personally experienced losing weight while preggers, but my friend was overweight when she got pregnant and lost weight both times throughout her whole pregnancies.  I'm proud of you for kicking the pop habit (are you from Ohio??  LOL, I say Pop too) and for cutting back on fast food.  GOOD FOR YOU! Keep it up and stay healthy!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was very overweight when I got pregnant, so far I'm down 25lbs from my original weight, I did have really bad m/s but I am eating now...big difference is that I'm also craving healthier foods.  My OB isn't concerned so I'm not either

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm from Michigan :)  pop is the only word I've know - ha ha.  

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the feedback! 

• Options
    As long as your dr is not concerned you are fine. I have always been on the heavy side too. I lost 17 lbs at the beginning with DD1, 12 lbs with DD2 and 10 lbs with this one. NEVER had m/s and didn't really change my eating habits that much. I probably give into my sweet/salty tooth way more now. It is surprising what giving up pop can do for a girl. I swear I lost so much with DD1 b/c i gave up Rye and coke (I don't drink coke except as a mix). As long as you take you pnv and eat well you are fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've lost weight since my first appt and b/c I'm considered overweight, my Dr. is not concerned. She monitors it at each appt. I'm 15w 5d today and I just gained my first pound (thank you Thanksgiving dinner!) Dr. said she only wants me gaining about 20 lbs total. 
  • Options
    I am about the same size as you and lost all the way through 13 weeks.  My doctor was never concerned even though I was losing but not sick.  I was worried since I'm having twins and kept reading about how much I should gain by 20 weeks.  I'm 21 weeks now and still weigh less than I did when I got pregnant.  My babies are growing and doing well so I've decided to roll with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"