Multiples

Can you look at my registry?

I was hoping some of you could take a peek at my registry.  Invites went out yesterday for a Jan. 5th shower.  My sister and her NICU coworkers made suggestions and I made changes accordingly.  I was hoping to get a MOMs perspective as well.  Anything I should add, take off, or change the quantities of?  TIA for your help.  I hope the links work, I am not very good at adding links and pics.  I have a PB one too that has 2 additional crib sheets, crib skirts, quilts.  More nursery decor type stuff.

ETA: Also, should I do 2 boppys for BF or go with my brestfriend twin pillow?  What is the consensus on that?  My goal is to be able to tandum feed.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/regGiftRegistry.asp?wrn=%2D1152949693&&

https://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_c506F22E7-1F87-78AE-032F-431E9719E5E8_kA52478AC-0990-DF32-5E71-904FC804C8FF&overrideStore=TRUS

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Can you look at my registry?

• I can't really comment on your registries, but as long as you have the essentials (crib, diapers, clothes, formula/BFing supplies), I think it's fine.  As for your question on the boppies/brestfriend, I'd say get all of them.  I used a boppy with my first and it was okay.  But now that I have a twin brestfriend I can already tell that I'll like it much better.  The boppies will still be great for those times when you may want to bottle feed both at once or for tummy time. 

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLuvWIfootball:
    I can't really comment on your registries, but as long as you have the essentials (crib, diapers, clothes, formula/BFing supplies), I think it's fine.  As for your question on the boppies/brestfriend, I'd say get all of them.  I used a boppy with my first and it was okay.  But now that I have a twin brestfriend I can already tell that I'll like it much better.  The boppies will still be great for those times when you may want to bottle feed both at once or for tummy time. 

Thank you.  I just added it.  I had it on and then kept going back and fourth.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My tablet isn't letting me view your registries, but maybe later I can try from the desktop. Right now I tandem nurse my boys on a boppy, and we are all very comfy and happy. I have yet to use my brest friend, but I'm sure it's just as good and might come in handy when they are bigger. 2 boppys are nice for tandem bottlefeeding though.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I would go with the twin breast friend pillow, I was able to tandem nurse my babies a few times and I did it with the single breast friend pillow.  It was really hard and they were tiny.  I would think the extra space on the twins one would have come in very handy!
  • Ok now I looked at both of them, here are my few questions:

1. Do you have another pack and play?  Our were able to share in the beginning but had to go to separate ones at about 4 months.

2. Do you have another bouncy seat?  Our babies slept in theirs until 8 weeks, we would swaddle their arms and put pants with feet on them so we could strap them in.

3. We only had one swing (the same one you registered for) so because of that they weren't in it a ton but it was handy to have if one baby didn't nap long enough.

4. I would add some more toys, honestly my babies are 6 months and bored already!  Books also. 

5. Excersaucer?  We have two but one we got as a gift and the other from a friend, same with a jumparoo.  Now that they are older they love being in those!

6. 2 Boppys?  I can't remember if you had two, or maybe you already have some of this....

7. The only sippys our kids will take are the nuk brand ones, I had no idea but the part that goes in their mouth is the soft silicone instead of the hard plastic and they do great with those.

8. Add more diapers and wipes! :)   

Such a fun time, enjoy all of this! :) 

• Looks like you have a lot of great stuff on there! I agree with only getting one swing and one bouncy chair. Only one of my boys will tolerate the swing and we have two different types of bouncy chairs. We purchased one after the boys were born, but each boy likes a different chair. I also agree on the MBF pillow and two Boppy pillows. The MBF is great for tandem. I'll admit- my boys have some serious latch issues and I only tandem 2x/day with help. It's like a wrestling match on there and the pillow can accommodate all of their rolling, pulling, and kicking. For tandem bottle feeding, I use the Boppy Newborn Loungers. LOVE these. My boys came home at 4.5 lbs. and were WAY too small to fit in the space between the regular Boppy for eating. Plus, I can set a boy down in one for a minute while I am tending to the other. 

There are a few other things I didn't see that I love for my boys. I may have missed something on your registry, but here are my must haves:

1. Miracle blankets: The swaddlemes have some serious velcro that freaks my boys out. Everytime they hear velcro they think they are getting their diapers changed and they FREAK! The Miracle Blanket is the only swaddle they can't break.

2. A+A burp cloths: These things are awesome. They are huge and they are perfect for draping over the back of a boppy when you have a reflux baby. We have a boy with true reflux and one silent reflux baby, so anything to contain the spit up is a must for us. 

3. I noticed one type of bottle on there. I ordered several starter kits to see what my boys preferred. They used the instant Enfamil and small pump bottles with the disposable nipples for the first month before switching to Dr. Brown's. They love those and are much better eaters with the slow flow nipples. You might want to have a couple different brands on hand in case they hate the nipples on one. Same goes for pacifiers, which my pediatrician wanted us to introduce at one month. My boys hate Nuks, but love Soothies.

4. I don't know if BBB has these, but I loved these things from Amazon: SpaSi.lk onesies have buttons, so you don't have to pull them over their heads. I LOVE these. Also, love the Trumpette socks. They are the only socks that don't fall off. Plus, they have some awesome shoe like socks for boys. The Lawn drying rack has flower and twig accessories that are great for hanging pacifiers, nipple shields (hope you don't have to use those...I'm still on them because of their latch issues!), and nipples. 

Hope that helps!! I can't believe you are already so far along! VERY exciting :)

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Thanks so much for your your input! I will make some more changes today! I have 2 RNPs for sleep already. My cousin has offered up her swing if I find they both love it. This is a great help. Thanks again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"