Parenting
Options

Who had a c section with their second?

I'm getting way ahead of myself here but humor me.  I'll be having a RCS with this baby and I fully intend to keep DS in daycare while I'm on leave.  DH will be home with us for the first two weeks but after that I'll need to lug the new baby to daycare with DS.  Were you able to lift the baby and car seat by 2 weeks?  DH was home for longer last time so I honestly have no idea when I felt ready to lift but I do remember there being restrictions.  How long, I don't know.  You all know how the beginning is a fog :)
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Who had a c section with their second?

• Options
    IIRC, the baby + carseat was the max I was told I could lift when I was discharged.  Not sure what the wait time was to increase after that.

• Options
    I could lift that 2 weeks PP after all of my c/s.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did but I didn't make it to my repeat date. I went into labor three days before. But the RCS was soooo much more relaxing than my first. I got to stay awake and hold my baby during recovery.

As far as lifting, with a toddler and a newborn I kind of had to lift early on. And it was fine. Just try to wait as long as possible and if it hurts don't do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH was only home for four days after we brought LO home from the hospital.  For the first week or so on my own, I just left the carseat in the car and carried him in my arms to and from the car.  I didn't want to risk being injured.  He is my one and only c/s, but I had two older boys to care for and I really couldn't afford to be hurt.  I had no problems.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    Our situation seems very similar and yes, I think I did lift car seat with very little to no problem. Of course people yelled at me and my daycare lady ran out to either get DS or try to help me carry carseat [if I was bringing her in/staying for a min] but I didn't need the help, I felt fine
    GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"