June 2013 Moms

Clicky Poll - Pregnancy Massage?

Re: Clicky Poll - Pregnancy Massage?

• I had a prenatal massage when pregnant with DS at 34 weeks. It was really nice. Ii like a really good, deep massage,and they can't really do that, but it was still really appreciated. 
    Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I went to a baby expo with a friend of mine who is also pregnant a few weeks back and in our "swag bag" there was a gift certificate for a free 55 minute massage. That expires at the end of January so we are going to use those soon and then I will probably get another one later on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a spa day with some girlfriends planned long before I got knocked up. It was supposed to be November 3rd, and I was getting a massage. I called both the spa and my OB and they both said it was not a problem. I would've been 7w.

BUT hurricane Sandy effed it all up and now we're rescheduled for Dec. 8th, when I'll be 12w. I'm effing stoked.

I would love to get another closer to the end of my preg, but probably won't have the cash since I'm taking hypnobirthing classes and hiring a doula. Some things are more important, I s'pose.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • There's a pregnancy spa close to my house, so I am lucky.  I will definitely go there for a massage sometime after the first trimester although they do have massages specialized for each trimester.  I'm going there for a pedi in 2 weeks Big Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PERV! Wink

I have never had a massage and I doubt I'll have my first while pregnant. 

• I was so bummed....me and a group of friends from high school have a birthday club, and well this weekend is a spa weekend for one of the girls....i already had a massage scheduled and when I asked to change it to a mommy to be massage, they asked if i was out of my first tri....nope i will be 10w tomorrow :( .  They said its state law they cannot do a massage...I am however stoked for my facial and mani pedi :)

BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • I've had them with both my other pregnancies.  Love the tables with the belly holes/slings later on when I'm dying to lay on my belly. I usually ask/receive a gift certificate to a local spa for my bday/Christmas.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I havent had one yet.

They were giving out free chair massages earlier this week at my work, and I went down to get one...they told me they wouldnt touch me until I was further along. The guy did take pity on me and gave me a nice hand massage though, lol.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • imagecampergrlsugar:
    They said its state law they cannot do a massage...I am however stoked for my facial and mani pedi.

What state do you live in? I'm not certain, but pretty sure there are no laws against massage in first tri. Most salons/spas simply refuse to do it for liability reasons.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I had a massage during 2nd tri with DS -- but for me it wasn't that great b/c I couldn't lay on my tummy. (My spa didn't have a special "tummy table") It made it a little bit awkward. Plus, my massage therapist was a man -- I've had him before and he does a good job... but I think women just have a gentler touch.

I think I'd rather wait until post-partum to get a massage this go-round (or get two!) I was so sore & stiff the first few weeks after I had DS -- it would have felt amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had one last time and hated it.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have back issues and get them occasionally, along with chiropractic visits. I saw my chiro today, nd have a massage scheduled for next week.  Even the chiro commented on the tension in my neck and shoulders today. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • imageLeggyNic:
    I've had them with both my other pregnancies.  Love the tables with the belly holes/slings later on when I'm dying to lay on my belly. I usually ask/receive a gift certificate to a local spa for my bday/Christmas.

I wish I would have had this with DD.  I'm a member at Massage Envy and when they did my prenatal massages I was just laying on my side.  I mean it was ok, but I never felt like I could relax.  I couldn't wait to go back after I had DD so I could acutaly lay on my stomach.  So much more comfortable.  I'll have to see if there's someplace near me that has those belly hole things.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• I'm hoping/praying/doing a rain dance for one for Mother's day this year.  I'm 30 minutes from Hershey, PA (yes, as in the Hershey chocolate bar land).  They have a chocolate spa.  CHOCOLATE. SPA.  

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • I'll get there eventually. Right now I am booked solid through Jan 7. I want to cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"