Trouble TTC

Did annoying dr tell you this? Vent

"Oh you are still young , you have plenty lot of time???"

Realllyyy?? who are you to decide i have plenty of time?

My in laws, parents , friends..look @ us expecting some news.. reallyyy..??

its so annoying when recently married/engaged couples announce their pregnancy..i cant react to it esp if i know them very well, how embarrassing to even face them..like its my fault, its this whole rush of anxiety, frustration and anger together.!!!

My whole body is flushed and hot..and  i am not on any pills .

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP # 1 on March 30/2012, H/B absent on 7/7/2012 , D/E 7/10/2012 PCOS- DX at age 17, Metformin regulated @ 1st but last cycle- anovulatory . My Body is a mystery. image

Re: Did annoying dr tell you this? Vent

• Yep, I got it plenty.

But, I have to ask why you're posting here if you've only been TTC a few months and don't have a diagnosis.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • sorry.. peace be with you all.. just felt like i spoke my heart out. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and BFP's..Pray.... pray... pray
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP # 1 on March 30/2012, H/B absent on 7/7/2012 , D/E 7/10/2012 PCOS- DX at age 17, Metformin regulated @ 1st but last cycle- anovulatory . My Body is a mystery. image
  • Loading the player...
  • I just heard the "you're still young" thing today from my very best friend... and she knows how hard we have been trying to make this happen. grrr... it's so annoying. I think we have all been there. keep your head up and hang in there!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • imageDebateThis:

Yep, I got it plenty.

But, I have to ask why you're posting here if you've only been TTC a few months and don't have a diagnosis.

well nothing specific i can relate to this forum and this forum has given me more valuable info and support :) should i be moving to a different forum? 

• imagenlscroggins:
    I just heard the "you're still young" thing today from my very best friend... and she knows how hard we have been trying to make this happen. grrr... it's so annoying. I think we have all been there. keep your head up and hang in there!

Thanks NLS..may i ask how did you find out you had low progest problem? 

• just a simple blood test!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Hmm.. wonder why they didnt do that with me? my dr said he would put me on progesterone asap if i had a BFP, even without caring to know if i my body produced it on its own? hmmm..
  • imagejuleskeim:
    image12guadalupe:

imagenlscroggins:
    I just heard the "you're still young" thing today from my very best friend... and she knows how hard we have been trying to make this happen. grrr... it's so annoying. I think we have all been there. keep your head up and hang in there!

Thanks NLS..may i ask how did you find out you had low progest problem? 

Bloodwork is how I got my diagnosis.

Also, my first RE said that I was a "juvenile."  (I'm 32) and most of his patients were "geriatric," I think he was saying it to make me feel better about my IF.

Geriatric? lol he is funny 

• I got that all the time and it really annoyed the crap out of me. We started TTC when I was barely 23 and I felt like a lot of the times my doctor didn't really try hard enough to find the problem because we were so young. He told me it was very confusing and complex because we were in our early 20s. Easiest thing to do us to just really ride them about it. Really be ontop of it because as other ladies have said, YOU are your best advocate.

As for the progesterone, my RE gives it to everyone as standard procedure after Oing until you start AF, and if you get a BFP to continue taking it up to 16 weeks I believe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks a bunch ladies for all your help.. i really appreciate it :)
  • Sorry they said that!  I personally am in the "geriatric" group so never got the "You're too young" speech.  Instead we get the "yes, we should move on this since you and your husband are getting on in years."  Same kind of Um, WTF? Because I'm only 34 and DH is 41.  And we were 32 and 39 when we first started seeing an RE so it's not like we're ancient.  It's annoying no matter how people bring up age in the equation.  It's like "Is there a frickin magic number? And what, it's only for two years or something??"

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• My RE has never said that ... I am DOR soo I don't have alot of time... I may be young but my egg supply is that of someone alot older.. Soo this frustrates me sooooooooooooo much when people tell me "you are young", they say this even when they know my diagnosis. I dont think they truely get it!!!! I had just explained to someone at work the other night my diagnosis and then she turned around and said Well my sister is 38 and she is pregnant... Aghh when I am 38 I probably will have nothing left!! It is very hard to hear !!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• I've gotten the "you are young" comment multiple times at my RE- while discussing my lap and while talking about success and IVF. (I'm 33, not really a spring chicken over here, lol)

the best part is that I actually fall into the older fee pricing at the clinic! WTF! If I'm so young, why am I paying more?

Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • <<<<KIDS MENTIONED>>>> 

I called my SIL to thank her for the wonderful Christmas pictures of my niece and nephew, just to get told don't worry "hopefully  next year we can have there pictures taken together". "You and Nick need to get on it" Like were not??? ughhhh! and  then the next sentence "you two need to stop stressing over it, you know its not going to happen when your this stressed out about it" So glad she told me this My RE never did that's are problem! ::::rolling eyes!::::

ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • So I'm sorry you got it to it's an awful feeling! 
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • I had this happen too. Worst part was I wasn't all that young but the RE was too lazy to look at my chart. He was like, 'you'll be fine. what are you, twenty...' I didn't let him finish, just 'haha' laughed and said 34. He practically fell out of his chair. On top of that he didn't believe I had endometriosis even though I had already been diagnosed with it and brought him U/S summary from my OB. He was far more like a salesman than an MD/PhD, bragging about some drug - probably hcg - inducing ovulation 'down to the hour.' He did no exam, offered no useful information, and then I got a bill in the mail for $250 for his consultation. Needless to say I never went back.

35yo, DH 40, 5 yrs TTTC. Normal HSG and SA. Challenge is low ovarian reserve (AMH=.16) due to moderate endo. Two laps, 2 IUIs with injectables, no baby. Trying first IVF cycle 4/13. Actively seeking egg donor.
  • Yes, I have also gotten this (you are young)-- ALOT. And it is very unhelpful.

I am still searching for what the best response is to relatives/friends asking about when we are going to expand our family.  I really don't know how to end the line of question without making it obvious that I don't want to talk about (thus making it obvious that we are probably having some sort of trouble).  

Anyway, sry you are feeling so frustrated.  I am right there with ya.  IF sucks... 

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• I have gotten the "don't worry, you're so young" spiel from countless people. I tell them, it doesn't matter if your having TTTC or dealing with infertility at 25 or 35. Painful is painful. Then they usually shut up right away.

My new RE has never said that to me, thank God.

• The other clients at my drs office are truly geriatric. They're so old I seriously wonder how they can even consider conceiving. I almost always get nasty looks from them in the waiting room...and I'm young but I'm 27 which is plenty old enough to be having a child. I saw one couple...hubby was at MINIMUM and I'm being generous 65 and the wife wasn't some 20 something younger model either.
    TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • imageAudaciousarica:
    The other clients at my drs office are truly geriatric. They're so old I seriously wonder how they can even consider conceiving. I almost always get nasty looks from them in the waiting room...and I'm young but I'm 27 which is plenty old enough to be having a child. I saw one couple...hubby was at MINIMUM and I'm being generous 65 and the wife wasn't some 20 something younger model either.

65?? WOW..

I am sorry .. hope the finish line comes soon for all.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"