Multiples

Has anyone used the Podee? How else can I feed them both at the same time?

Just curious if anyone has feedback. Im trying to find a good system to feed both girls at the same time. i can't prop bottles using the boppy-their heads move to much and they are very fidgety. :(

TIA!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Has anyone used the Podee? How else can I feed them both at the same time?

• Hudson has always slept a bit longer than Landry.  If I was on my own, I would get Landry when she woke, feed her and within 30 minutes beginning her, Hudson would be ready.  

I put Landry back in the bed and fed Hudson.  I FF them.  With a two year old and NB twins, BF wasn't an option for me.

GL- 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a system to feed them both on my lap at the same time, I prop one on my legs in the Boppy and hold the other one.  I hold the bottle for the one in the boppy with the hand that's on the arm under the closer baby.  Then I have my other hand to hold the bottle of the closer baby.  Whoa I hope that made sense.  I sit on the couch and have the footrest up so my legs are all the way out in front of me. For burping I would just put them both up on my shoulders and cross pat them until they burped. It's worked since I stopped pumping, when I was pumping I would strap on the pump, then put each baby in a boppy on either side of me and feed them that way. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageangelfire02:
    I have a system to feed them both on my lap at the same time, I prop one on my legs in the Boppy and hold the other one.  I hold the bottle for the one in the boppy with the hand that's on the arm under the closer baby.  Then I have my other hand to hold the bottle of the closer baby.  Whoa I hope that made sense.  I sit on the couch and have the footrest up so my legs are all the way out in front of me. For burping I would just put them both up on my shoulders and cross pat them until they burped. It's worked since I stopped pumping, when I was pumping I would strap on the pump, then put each baby in a boppy on either side of me and feed them that way. 

I think i need a photo!! This requires real talent!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We (almost) always fed both babies at the same time but did not prop bottles or use the Podee. I did buy the Podee but it didn't work well for us; the babies have to have a pretty strong suck to make it work. I would put them in two Boppies (in the beginning we added some receiving blankets to help position them until they were bigger) or two bouncy seats and sit with my back against a couch, wall, etc., for support with the boys on either side of me to feed. You can also use a twin nursing pillow for bottle-feeding.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I sit on the bed with one leg bent and up a little. One baby hangs out in there, other cradled in opposite arm. I use the arm I'm cradling with to hold bottle for that baby and other arm for other baby. Burp one at a time. Thankfully, I don't have to do this often, but it works for me. DH calls it my bottle feeding acrobatics lol.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I put the babies in two separate boppies, sat in between them and held the bottles. When they were very small, I could wrap the boppy around me and put both in the boppy on my lap.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • imageougrad1:

Hudson has always slept a bit longer than Landry.  If I was on my own, I would get Landry when she woke, feed her and within 30 minutes beginning her, Hudson would be ready.  

I put Landry back in the bed and fed Hudson.  I FF them.  With a two year old and NB twins, BF wasn't an option for me.

GL- 

Most of the time I just do this. When I do feed them at the same time I use a bottle sling on my daughters carseat and she uses that pretty well. My son struggles with it though so it isn't for every baby.

DSC_0011MOD
    Married since June 2010
    TTC #1 since 04/2011
    3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
    LEEP 05/2011
    ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
    BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
    1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
    16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
    Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
    Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • imagekiwi443:
    I put the babies in two separate boppies, sat in between them and held the bottles. When they were very small, I could wrap the boppy around me and put both in the boppy on my lap.

This is what I did, too.

• I feed one in my lap and the other in a boppy next to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know if you'll see this, but I just came across this article and thought of your post. This picture shows how we fed them; it was the easiest/most comfortable way we found:

https://multiples.about.com/od/twinfants/ss/How-To-Bottle-Feed-Two-Babies-At-The-Same-Time.htm

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"