January 2013 Moms
Options

So all this talk about shaving, etc has me wondering...

Who plans to labor completely shaved down there, trimmed or just don't care?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So all this talk about shaving, etc has me wondering...

• Options
    I'm just trimming it up down there like I normally do. I plan on shaving my legs before going to the hospital too, lol. My Mom that with my brother she had forgotten to shave and was embarrassed so she made sure to shave before me. Hopefully I will feel up to it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• Options
    Since I've sworn off waxing during this pregnancy, I'm just gonna do the best lady scaping as I can. I will def shave my legs and any other apendage that calls for it lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll trim if possible, but if I don't get to it in time, no big deal.  I doubt my home birth midwife cares anyway.

lol although during my last pregnancy, right after I had bloody show my first instinct was to run to the shower to shave everything as best I could.  My contractions started soon afterward so it was a good thing I got to it when I did, ha ha. Trying to move a 40-week pregnant belly out of the way to see down there was interesting though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't care. Things are too sensitive down there to do anything, and I'm fine with that. Nobody at the hospital cares.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been using hubs' mustache/ goatee trimmer. Super easy to use blind. I honestly don't care if the midwife and doula see my bush but I care. Me isn't around do I'm not impressing anyone. 50 yrs ago you had no choice but to go bare. The nurses shaved you. My mil gave birth to get last one 30 yrs ago and they were still going full shave and enemas as required protocol. Just insane. The hair is supposed to be there!
  • Options
    i plan to keep shaving just as I always have! I kept everything shaved with my other 2 as well.
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't care. I'm planning on going med free so that will be the last thing on my mind! LOL

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I tried to shave myself a couple weeks ago and it was not good. DH said he'd do it one time so Im saving the trim for probably 37/38 weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Before I leave for the hospital, I will shave my legs, armpits, and vajay (everything). I did it last time too.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll trim like I normally due in that area and I hope to have my legs shaved but I can't guarantee that its going to happen. As of right now, I can't remember the last time I actually shaved! I feel kind of like a cave women right now so my plan is to get it done this weekend. I should probably try to shave my legs weekly from now till my due date to ensure my legs are nice and shaved when I do go into labor. I will say I'm a lucky one because the hair on my legs is blond so I can go a while before it becomes really noticeable.
  • Options

imageMagenta728:
    Before I leave for the hospital, I will shave my legs, armpits, and vajay (everything).

This is my plan too, but I know it may not happen.  I'm still shaving it all by "memory" and feel at this point, but I almost busted my as* in the shower the last time I shaved.  May be time for DH to start helping...

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have DH trim it up down there and as for my legs those will be shaved.
  • Options
    I have been shaving it all off and I plan to do it for labour too.  I have a mirror that I prop up on the back of the toilet which is beside the shower. I just open the shower curtain and use the mirror.  I'm sure I miss some areas but I get most of it.  DH has also offered to do it MANY times so I might let him do it near the end if I don't feel up to it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eh, I really dont care what it looks like down there, I never really have. I am going to have MH trim up a little down there but if it doesn't happen no biggie. I didn't get a chance to do anything to it last time and it wasn't a big deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options
    I shave on the weekends. Its too hard to take the time during the week with the stretching, twisting, and blind reaching. I hope to shave prior to going to the hospital. But, if I can't at least there will only be a weeks worth of hair growth.
  • Options
    I've been keeping up with it all pregnancy..and plan to keep it shaved/trimmed for labor. I don't want hairy legs, vag, or arm pits...so it will be done..somehow. It's so hard now! I have to go off feel!
    Anniversary

September 25, 2011, Mommy lost her little angel. Mommy will always love you, and will forever hold that special place in my heart!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

At 35W2D, my little angel made her appearance. I never knew what love was until I met you. 12/4/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'll shave my legs and my pits and attempt to shave the exit lane. I have gotten pretty good at shaving without looking anyway because I don't wear my contacts in the shower (yes, I'm THAT blind). It might look a bit like I took a weedwacker to it, but I think the blood and guts and the tiny person shooting out of me will distract from that. 

ETA: My brain doesn't work. Legs, not arms... 

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't even care now... I certainly didn't care when I was in labor.  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a waxing appointment about 1.5 weeks before my due date. If I looks like I may deliver sooner, I'll bump up my appointment.

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"