January 2013 Moms
Options

Swelling!

Hey ladies! I am 33 weeks 2 days and I have awful swelling in my ankles...oh wait now they're cankles! My hands have a little swelling but not as bad. My ankles are nonexistent and hurt. Is anyone else having this problem?

Re: Swelling!

• Options
    Yes! I am 33w 6 days, and my swelling started on Tuesday. I definitely have cankles, and I have gained 5 pounds in water weight this week. I don't like it at all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you heard if they're are any remedies for it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I actually called my midwife today about it, Just because it was really only one ankle and I had read that could be a problem.
    Her recommendations (after assuring me it was normal):
    Elevate your ankles above your heart
    Have your Significant Other massage your foot, then up to your ankle, knee, thigh (always in the upwards direction)
    Drink water, lots of it (1.5-2 litres)
    Wear tights/panty hose with elastic

I have been keeping my foot elevated off and on since I spoke to her, and while it is still swollen it is looking better.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Options
    Me! I'm on my feet 12 hours at work, so by the time I get home, I no longer have ankles....cankles with lots of fluid that feels like jello moving on top of my foot when I walk. Gross. I'm over it.....
    Anniversary

September 25, 2011, Mommy lost her little angel. Mommy will always love you, and will forever hold that special place in my heart!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

At 35W2D, my little angel made her appearance. I never knew what love was until I met you. 12/4/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me too, I just noticed it tonight! All of the sudden my ankles and feet are getting big! I'm just over 34 weeks so I'm a bit afraid of what 40 weeks might look like!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"