April 2013 Moms
Options

Baby's 1st Shots

When do baby's get their first set of shots? I have to travel 4 weeks after LO gets here and I was wondering.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: Baby's 1st Shots

• Options

imageGrace0609:
    Recommended that Hepatitis B be given in hospital, but then the rest of the first shots cannot be given until 6 weeks of age at the youngest.

Yup. But I think there's a heel prick at 2 weeks? Not the same as a shot, but still unpleasant. 

• Options
    imageGrace0609:
    imageOoglybear:

imageGrace0609:
    Recommended that Hepatitis B be given in hospital, but then the rest of the first shots cannot be given until 6 weeks of age at the youngest.

Yup. But I think there's a heel prick at 2 weeks? Not the same as a shot, but still unpleasant. 

Not generally. The newborn screen is the heel prick but should be done in the hospital before discharge. At least in the US that should be all the pricks for a normal, healthy baby.

Huh, they did that at our first pedi appt for DD, not at the hospital.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So no shots besides Heptatis until 6 weeks? I'm trying to decide if it will be safe to travel with him but I really didnt want to without his shots.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options

imageMsAmeera25:
    So no shots besides Heptatis until 6 weeks? I'm trying to decide if it will be safe to travel with him but I really didnt want to without his shots.

I guess the question is, travel where? Another state is different than another country. KWIM?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    Another state...im mainly worried about him being around ppl.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options

imageMsAmeera25:

Oooh. Honestly, as long as you're not shy about asking people to wash their hands and not go near him if they're sick, he'll be fine. People thought we were nuts asking them to basically scrub in (wash up to their elbows) in order to hold Charlie, but you do what you have to do!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    I traveled by car to PA from Michigan when DS was 2 weeks to introduce him to my grandma because we were concerned about her health at the time. It went really well and it was never easier to travel with him. Most people understood to wash their hands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageGrace0609:
    imageMsAmeera25:
    Are you flying or driving? Me? Personally? I would not fly in an airplane until 2 weeks after the first set of shots mainly b/c of the risk of Pertussis. That disease scares the daylights out of me for little babies after knowing someone whose 3 week old died from it. We always DRIVE for vacation when our babies are b/w 2 and 4 weeks old and not vaccinated, but I wouldnt fly. That's my personal opinion.

This helps...We would be driving although if I decide to go alone I would fly. I would prefer to not be away from LO that long so hopefully I can bring him and ask ppl to scrub up or refrain from touching him period.  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"