September 2011 Moms
Options

Floor cushions for playspace

Anyone use floor pillows/cushions as climbing / seating for a playspace.  Any reccs where to find.  I'm always looking at TJs Target etc but wonder if there is another option.  We are going to move N into a bigger room in another year but in meantime I'm going to outfit it as another playspace (and get stuff out of our living room) but I want to make it a bit more kid cozy including rug and some floor seating.

Re: Floor cushions for playspace

• Options

J has a lion chair that zips out to a little sleep mat thing (did that even make sense?)  It's from Walmart, but I can't find it on their website.  It's like a huge stuffed animal lion for the back, and then a 3 inch thick pad that can lay out to about 4 ft, or zip together as a chair.  He got it for his birthday, and loves it.

What about a bean bag chair?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Right now we have a few giant (like, bigger than my almost 3 year old) stuffed animals DD2 likes to climb on, and sometimes I give her some pillows and couch cushions, too. I like Ms's idea of a bean bag chair, that could give them a challenge with all the shifting around the filling would do :)

If you've got a large budget, search "Children's Factory" on Amazon. They have a lot of the padded climbing blocks like you would see in a toddler gym, but they are definitely pricey.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks.  Sadly no large budget.  I have a monkey chair I bought at Costco so I like the idea of another animal.  She may get the knock of anywhere chair at xmas from the ILs so I should probably wait.  I'm going to get an area rug and some storage.
  • Options

Do you sew? Or know anyone who you can talk into it?

This looks pretty simple and is really cute

https://emmmylizzzy.blogspot.com/2011/02/have-you-seen-new-pouf.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the pouf.  I don't sew but I bet I could get my SIL who does or even my mom to help me.
  • Options
    We have our old couch and love seat in the playroom. The cushions usually end up on the floor. As beds, trampolines, castles, mountains... If I could buy more couch cushions, I would. We have a carpet and two small bean bag chairs, although they rarely use the chairs.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I bought some for our patio room on bellacor.com and they were a great price.

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.