Breastfeeding

Hygeia

XP from Baby Gear Board:

DH and I attended a breastfeeding class yesterday and during the class, we all (instructor and couples in attendance) started conversing about breastpumps.. While the instructor didn't formally endorse a brand, it seemed like she had nothing but good things to say about Hygeia's pumps. DH and I have been researching them today and noticed the Internet does not have as much info. available (as opposed to Medela and Ameda). Additionally, the product reviews on Amazon were not as numerous as the big brands, I assume because it's a relatively new player in the market.

Has anyone used a Hygeia or is planning on using one? Thanks in advance for any input!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hygeia

• The writer of the Leaky Boob blog has one; she likes it. It's a closed system, so to me, better than Medela for sure.
  • Its the only one my insurance company would cover for free.  My LC was super excited about it.  Ive used it only once so far(bc of supply issues temp using hospital grade rental). I prefer medelas automatic letdown in the beginning and the easy buttonon PIS. The hygeia you have to turn dials manually to simulate same thing then turn again to where you want it.  There is a learning curve bc of this with figuring out dials. It is louder than my hospital grade rental(medela symphny) which is just embarassing and annoying sometimes, but not a deal breaker.   

• Loading the player...
  • i have a hygeia enjoye and it's awesome. i've never really had any problems with it. i've had my suction measured and it's better than hospital grade. i highly recommend a hygeia pump. hopefully more and more people will discover this wonderful brand (great customer service; excellent twitter presence) and you'll start seeing more and more reviews out there. Medela has been around for a long time and people default to them because it's what they know, but in my opinion, hygeia is way better. plus you get the benefit of the closed system, which is just healthier and more responsible (great that you can safely recycle your pump to someone else!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"