3rd Trimester
Options

How do you stay sane during this waiting game?

Just turned 38 weeks today and I'm soooo ready to be done with the pregnancy (#3). How do you ladies stay preoccupied with anything besides, "Is this it? Are you coming?"

I'm still working at my full-time job and have a two and four year old at home to care for at the end of the day. I'm not only exhausted, but I'm not even making any progress. Was only 1 cm dialated and 0% effaced on Monday. I was having bad contractions that were sporadic at 5-8 minutes a part for hours, but nope... nada. 

No plug, no bloody show. Nothing is happening and it's so hard. I know, I know. Be patient. The baby will come when he/she is ready. But man. How do you ladies wait?

Both my kids came earlier than EDD. #1 came exactly at 38 weeks and #2 came at 39 weeks and I lost my plug with #2 at this point.

Sorry. Vent done. 

Re: How do you stay sane during this waiting game?

• Options
    I don't think I am sane!  Today is my due date, at yesterday's appt I was nothing, not effaced or dilated and I am also on baby #3... both my boys were really late and I was so hoping to go early or on time for this last baby.  Mostly because I was already late twice, who the heck goes past EDD three times!? And, I didn't want to have a December baby due to holidays, etc.  But looks like this one is taking their time also.  Good thing, everything has been normal, healthy and I was able to work full time up until Wed.  I started my leave mid-week because I had dr appt yesterday and a family event today, so instead of leaving them early two days in a row, figured I would start my leave.  Ugh... now I'm bored, eating too much at home and DH has the flu, so I am on duty with my 5yr old & 2 yr old pretty much solo (if I was at least at work, our babysitter would have them most of the day).  Sorry to vent on your vent.  Eventually we will be holding our new bundles!  GL
  • Options

I can't wait to meet our little guy either an I'm not near as far as you. 

With my first I planned something for myself each day until the due date. Lunch dates, mani/pedi, haircut., trip to the market...maybe you could get volunteers in your family to take the kids for a bit each day so you can look forward to something for yourself? It was easy for me to do without having another child, so not sure how it will go this time around. :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm just trying to enjoy still being able to sleep, despite how uncomfortable it is.  For me, as long as baby is still in, it's still the easy part lol.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    The nursery is keeping me busy right now.. I'm drawing most of the pictures in the room, and shopping/searching for little decorations is so fun. But I'm afraid of what's going to happen when I'm done, which will likely be in a week or less, and I'm just 33 weeks... I like PP's idea of finding different things to do each day, like mani/pedi, massage, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for this honest post. I am done, too. I am on LO#2 and just turned 37 weeks as they changed my due date. I am starting to wonder if I will be closer to the original due date and thinking about that is kind of driving me crazy. I am trying to keep myself sane by getting ready for the holidays and trying to use that as a distraction. I think I would rather just be tired/exhausted with LO#2 out than in and uncomfortable and tired/exhausted. I am also still working full time and am so done with the people at work. Everyone is getting on my nerves. Good luck and I hope your LO is born soon. All signs are pointing positive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"