2nd Trimester
Options

Fender Bender....

I am sure this question has been asked a million time but this is easier that looking through 100's of posts.

Anyway, I am 20 weeks and was in a VERY minor fender bender tonight, I was stopped and she was going 10-15 MPH (maybe) I had my seatbelt on, there was absolutly no damage to either car and I feel fine.

So far no cramping, spotting or anything strange.  My stomach is a little upset but I think that is just due to nerves and my adrenaline.

Thoughts?!?  Do I need to make an ER visit or just wait it out and watch for cramping and/or spotting.  I don't have consistant movement yet but I am pretty sure she was moving around like crazy once I got home, but being a FTM those movements are till very new to me and I am never 100% sure exactly what I am feeling.

Thanks for anything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fender Bender....

• Options

I was rear-ended this past week---no damage to either car, but there was a jolt because I was fully stopped. I was 14 weeks the day of the accident and it made me very anxious. I asked around and everyone told me better safe than sorry so I called my OB/GYN and they sent me in to get assessed.  Baby was fine and they did an u/s which was unexpected.

I am RH negative which is one of the reasons my OB wanted me to go in.  They gave me the Rhogam shot early as a precaution.  I am happy I went because it gave me peace of mind.

Also---even if you don't file a damage claim, keep in mind you can file for your medical bill if you do get an assessment.   I have really good insurance, but since it was an emergency visit I am not sure how much I will have to pay (if anything) so I filed just in case the bill was like $100 or something.

People just need to be more careful.  Sorry this happened to you. 

• Options
    Let your OB decide. Call the office, or emergency line (however your OB phone is setup...), and your doctor will call and I am sure ask a series of questions to determine if you need to go in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If it's as minor as you say, I wouldn't stress too much. When's your next doctor's appointment? I would call your doctor in the morning and tell him about it. He'll either tell you to come in or tell you what to look for, etc.

They're pretty safe in there. I was in a serious car accident (air bags deployed, car totaled, etc.) at 33 weeks and other than some stress/dehydration-induced contractions, everything was fine. Though my water did break prematurely 3 weeks later (possibly related, not sure).

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"