3rd Trimester

How to keep a 3rd trimester sleep schedule of sorts?

So, we're 35 weeks tomorrow with our first. I feel like my three main jobs now are to keep drinking lots of water (trying to keep swelling down), eating lots of fiber (since I'm pretty sure baby dropped and is now sitting on my intestines slowing things down), and getting good rest. 

I can do the water and fiber but the sleep is all over the place. Last night, I was tired at 10:30 pm and was still awake when 5:30 am rolled around and up abruptly at 9:30.   I was able to nap for a while today but I know I am not getting enough sleep at all and this has been going on for weeks now.

What would you suggest? 

Re: How to keep a 3rd trimester sleep schedule of sorts?

• Tylenol PM.  
  • Unfortunately this is just a symptom of late pregnancy.  I wouldn't take any medication to help with sleep, just sleep when you're tired and when you can.  Don't worry, you'll also be sleep deprived once the baby gets here ;)
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • I take tylenol PM (not every night) when i need to get good rest.  It was recommended by my doctor.  Check with your doc, but it helps a lot!  I know we will all be sleep deprived when our LOs get here, but that doesn't mean we can't try to get some good rest now.  I still work full time, and I would not make it through some weeks without at least one good night's sleep!
  • Are you working outside of the house? Your night sounds like most of mine...well ALL of them. I sleep fom about 1am-4am which isn't nearly enough. I then nap mid-morning and then mid-afternoon. I am lucky enough to be carrying twins so working at this point is not an option for me - and I am lucky enough to be able to stay home and am able to nap whenever possible.

I don't take medication as I find it unnecessary because I am able to nap throughout the day. I also look at it as training my body for the arrival of my babies when I know my sleep will be nothing less than interrupted for a while. I've accepted and not fought the inability to sleep and that seems to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"