September 2011 Moms
Options

sudden fever

Q was eating lunch and then suddenly lost interest. I thought he was just full but honestly, i've never seen the kid stop eating. I put him on the floor to play and he was very subdued. He looked alright but when I felt his forehead he was burning up. His temp was 101.7, but he was still smiling a bit and has no other symptoms. Because he has a kidney issue I called his doc right away and she is going to see him tomorrow morning if the fever is still there. We're both concerned about the lack any symptoms besides the fever.

Has anyone else had this with their LOs?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sudden fever

• Options
    No experience, just wanted to say I hope it's nothing and Madison and I will be thinking about you and Q! Get better cutie pants!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • Options
    Roseola? We haven't had it here (yet!) but it's a virus that starts off with a fever for a few days and then a rash appears. I think for most kids is pretty harmless and just has to run it's course, but I am not totally certain.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    no... but I hope Q gets better soon and that is nothing.

• Options
    We have this happening right now. L has hydronephrosis too which IIRC is what Q has? The pedi wasn't too concerned but did suggest we try to get a urine sample to rule out UTI which I posted about yesterday. We've been unsuccessful at that so far. Her fever was down last night and this morning (99.7 from 101.9) but my mom had her today and said it was back up in the 100 range. The no symptoms is what's bothering me too. If she still has a temp over 100 tomorrow I think we will go to urgent care and try to get a "bag" urine sample if I can't get a catch tonight. GL, I hope Q feels better!
  • Options

imagecarolyn6609:
    We have this happening right now. L has hydronephrosis too which IIRC is what Q has? The pedi wasn't too concerned but did suggest we try to get a urine sample to rule out UTI which I posted about yesterday. We've been unsuccessful at that so far. Her fever was down last night and this morning (99.7 from 101.9) but my mom had her today and said it was back up in the 100 range. The no symptoms is what's bothering me too. If she still has a temp over 100 tomorrow I think we will go to urgent care and try to get a "bag" urine sample if I can't get a catch tonight. GL, I hope Q feels better!

yeah, Q has hydronephrosis with no known cause. Our pedi said she'll try to get a urine sample for us if he's still running a high temp since he could be at risk for a kidney infection. Sucks you are going through the same thing. I saw your post about having to get the sample yourself, I imagine that is close to impossible with a little girl! Let me know how it turns out.

• Options

D gets a sudden fever about every 2-3 months and it is always an ear infection. My little guy is such a happy dude he never shows any other symptoms like ear pulling, fussiness, etc.

• Options

haha Benji, no baby fever here.

He just woke up very happy. His eyes a a bit glassy but he drank a cup of milk and is working on a big glass of juice right now. But before bed I gave him some motrin and his fever is only down to 101.4, so I'm not loving that.

• Options
    imagenatalee36:

D gets a sudden fever about every 2-3 months and it is always an ear infection. My little guy is such a happy dude he never shows any other symptoms like ear pulling, fussiness, etc.

Yep. This is my little angel too. He gets really grumpy and kind of tired looking, but no ear tugging. I hope your LO's fever goes away soon! 

• Options
    I haven't experienced this, but poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Roseola? Max had that a couple of months ago. My MIL was watching him and said he was fine at breakfast and then at lunch he was putting his head down on the tray and she checked his temp and it was 101. The fever lasted for 3 days and then the rash came and that lasted 4 days. I hope he feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"