February 2012 Moms

s/o Babysitters Club books

What other book series did you read when you were younger?

I loved BSC and RL Stein "scary" books. I also liked Little House on the Praire and Boxcar Children. Oh and Bridge to Terabithia was one of my favs!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o Babysitters Club books

• Nancy Drew and the Bobsy Twins!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, and Goosebumps!
  • Loading the player...
  • pretty much every Matt Christopher book I could get my hands on (kids sports books).  Closer to JH I was in to all of the Star Wars Expanded Universe books.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • I loved Boxcar Children & Little House.

I also read the Babysitter's Club "Little Sister" series. I forget the real name of it, but the girl's name was Karen and she had two friends named Nancy & Hannie.

I also read Sweet Valley High. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Babysitter's Little Sister's

Goosebumps

Bridge to Terabithia

The Giver

Bearenstein Bears and Dr. Suess when I was little.

Ok, I can't think of any more, but I loved to read.

Sooner's post in FFFC made me remember Sweet Valley High!  I LOVED those books!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did some of the SVH series but not all of them. I also read a series called Sunset Island (I think) it was when I was in middle school though. All of the Superfudge books, Anne of Green Gables,
  • And all the Judy Bloome books - Just as long as we're together, Blubber, Are you there God, it's me Margaret. Good times.
  • Oh and the Ramona books - how could I forget. Ok. I am done now!
  • I didn't care for reading until about 6 or 7 years ago.  I mean, I'd read, but not on any kind of regular basis.  However, I did read the BSC books, and LHP, and some of the Boxcar Children books.  I don't remember reading anything else that I wasn't forced to read because of school.

• imageallisons1014:
    And all the Judy Bloome books Just as long as we're together, Blubber, Are you there God, it's me Margaret.

Good times.

I forgot about those!! I loved those too!
  • I still love all Nancy Drew books. I read every one of them before I was in 5th grade.

The Boxcar Children! I had completely forgotten about them! I read them all too!

I actually owned all of the babysitter's club books at one point (they were gifted to me)... I never read one of them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Little House Books, Series of Unfortunate Events, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, Harry Potter, Magic Treehouse, The Alice books (Phyllis Reynolds Naylor), The Ramona books (obviously), Mates Dates books.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • imageallisons1014:
    Oh and the Ramona books - how could I forget. Ok. I am done now!

*thumbs up*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • This post reminds of the age spread on here! I loved BSC, Anne of Green Gables, Ramona, and Judy Bloom!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• BSC and SVH were my favs.  I read a lot of RL Stein too...I'm sure there are more I just can't think of them.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Little Golden Books

Sweet Pickles

Beverly Cleary

• Pretty sure I read all of the Goosebumps followed by Fear Street RL Steins teenage series.
    BTW do you know that RL Stein claims to have NEVER had writers block?

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageHattieLove:
    Little House Books, Series of Unfortunate Events, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, Harry Potter, Magic Treehouse, The Alice books Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, The Ramona books obviously, Mates Dates books.

I don't know about The Alice books but now I must find out. My DD has to have them :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"